Waxless Lip Balm Recipe

Christine Flapp

Hmmm- interesting stuff! First of all, This is a SEMI PERMAMENT product...(read 'over our heads', lol) I looked around and from what I see they list only what they use in all their products not specifically the one you are interested in. So it would be near impossible to narrow it down for you. Also, correct me if im wrong, but this is not just a one roller bottle type thing you can duplicate... it looks to me like a process and a KIT. No one bottle of it will be a complete application. The instructions sound complicated... massaging it in, layering, waiting between layers... then there's the 'Off Solution' required to remove it! ?? I don't know that this is something you want to undertake.

Asking for a 'waxless balm recipie' might not be a true reflection of what you are looking for in order to get the answers you want. The site lists this as a LIQUID- they might call it a waxless lip balm but on here... that is a gloss! But maybe you want a Matte finish gloss.. kind of contradictory I know, but when I read waxless lip balm I only thought of chapstick tube kind of stuff.

If you are simply saying you like the idea of waxless- then yeah someone here might know of an oil that has the properties of creating a bind to the lips as well as a barrier. But I will tell you- I work in the cosmetics field- I don't know everything at all, lol.. but I don't know that there are any 'all natural' ingredients that will do what this stuff says it will. They may derive them from natural stuff, but they are probably altering it chemically by changing a hydrogen atom here or there to make it do what it does. And even if it is 'natural'- not all nature is good for us. Nothing good for your lips stays on them for so long. Just my humble opinion though.

I wish I could have helped you more. :undecided

• 2 years later...

Ingredients: Dimethicone. Dimethicone Trimethylsiloxysilicate. Cyclomethicone (And) Alumina. Octyl Methoxycinnamate. Phenoxyethanol. Panthenol. Octyl Salicylate. Silicon Dioxide. Tocopherol Linoleate. Tocopherol. Ascorbyl Palmitate. Ascorbic Acid. Citric Acid