REALLY silly question

MRSGROOMS

Gee Bunny, I guess that I should not has assumed that since I made my post on the "SOAP MAKING" page and was referring to a crock pot that I would also need to draw picture as well.

Just so you are no longer confused I was referring to the hot process!

I'm sorry Mrs Grooms, I honestly didn't mean to offend you. As you can see HP is one of the soaping methods I didn't even think of. I thought of rebatch and M&P. I can't possibly memorize what method everyone chooses to use.

Once again, I'm sorry to have offended you.

Gee Bunny, I guess that I should not has assumed that since I made my post on the "SOAP MAKING" page and was referring to a crock pot that I would also need to draw picture as well.

Just so you are no longer confused I was referring to the hot process!

In my opinion that is very rude.. Bunny is the one person on here that will not give you attitude! She is very helpful.. Like she said, more info was needed.

If you want to make hot process soap, I'd just use the oven instead. Bring soap to thick trace, put into an oven set at about 170 degrees F, and cook until all is translucent (gel). Take out, add goodies, and pop into the mold. Just as easy as crockpot hot process, IMO -- I've done both.

And to answer the question, I wouldn't. It's lined with teflon, but if there are any scratches your soap will come in contact with aluminum. About the only thing I'd put in a presto is melt and pour.

Hey Robin

Dumb newbie question: So, M&P is safe in aluminum? I have a ton of aluminum pans that I no longer use for cooking...could use them for my soap instead of the make-shift double boiler thingy I use. And is the "no aluminum" thing because of the lye?

Thanks, Sharon

im not robin, so i hope i will do..

Yes you cant use the aluminum because of the lye.. bad bad bad LOL

break out them aluminum pans for your m&p soap!!!!

Yep, you'll do just fine!

Now I can make larger batches without spending anymore money :whoohoo: DH'll be happy!

Thanks! Sharon