Container candle issues....

I have been testing and testing and testing this one jar. At first I went with a lx21 (recommended by the supplier i got the jar from) and a htp. The lx 21 did a very good job with the burn...slight hang up, nothing someone besides myself would complain about. Then I did a lx22 to see if it would take care of the hangup or if it would be too big. It sooted to no end. So I did a another lx21 and it didn't burn the same...tons of hang up. So, I am testing an lx22 and lx24. They are half done. The lx24 is doing great. Well, I retest so I poured an lx24 and lx26. I started those this morning and am not getting a full melt pool on either like I did with the first lx24. Same waxes, same amount of FO and color. Any ideas.

Sorry so long.

I've heard of this - just once. Someone had a couple of bags of LXs from different suppliers - and they combined them. The two batches burned differently even though the size was the same (we assumed it was the coating). Other than that, if everything was the same (trims, burn times, location of burn, drafts, etc). I can't think of anything ...