I Stink!!!!!

I am almost ready to give up. I have been trying to make one candle for 2 weeks now. I first started in a 8oz mason jar, cotton candy fo, and a wick from Michaels, then switched to a 62-52-18 wick, using ky perfect blend wax. After I did a repour to get rid of all the sinking, I tried burning it and it just kept burning uneven. I got frusterated and got in some new 12 oz hex squat jars (they are beauties). So I tried starting over using same wax, yellow die chips, summer citrus fo and the 62-52-18 wick. I didn't think that was burning fast enough. It had full melt pool at the neck only which is about 3 inches and pretty much stayed right there for 3 hours. So I switched to ECO -12. Got past the neck to the 4 inch part and is now burning uneven. I am about to scream. Please HELP.

On the KY website, they recommend testing with an htp83, 44-28-18z or a 51-32-18z for an 8oz jelly mason jar.

I use a soy blend in my 8oz square mason jars and I use CD10 or CD12.

I would call KY and speak to the owner (Vicky) ... she'll be able to help you ... great customer service.

You are not trying to make one candle. You are trying to make several. Pick one container, one wax, one fo, and keep at it until you find the wick or wicks that work. If you keep changing containers and fo, you'll never finish. You are going in a circle and accomplishing nothing.

I wouldn't expect an answer from a supplier this time of year. Most are doing inventory or on vacation. There are wick charts available on many supplier sites. Use them for guidance only. Take a deep breath, start from the beginning, and develop a system. Otherwise, you will never get anywhere.

Some wicks do curl and that will cause them to burn more on one side. ECO's do curl some, especially if they aren't properly trimmed or if there's too much FO oil in the candle.

I use ECO's a lot and usually off-center them just a little - it's barely noticeable and the burn looks a lot nicer.

I believe there's a thread in the Veggie Wax section on wicks curling and how to tell what direction they curl (I'd probably botch a summary). I'll try to find the link......

Here is is..... it's talking about HTP wicks, but the concept is the same....

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39179&highlight=wick+curling

Once again there's an answer hiding somewhere in this forum!

I agree with Sliver of wax:) I use J223 wax and use HTP 104 wick in an 8 oz jar. Also, the 62-52-18 is probably too big for the 8 oz. jar. Figure out the total diameter of your jar, take into consideration that you may have to go up one size in wick due to the type of wax you are using--start out with the 44-28-18Z and test burn, then if you don't like the way it burns,try the next larger size wick in zinc and go from there. keep on trying:)