Example of iffy Customer Service

Kymber

I recently ordered some FO's from a supplier. They were out of the one that prompted me to order in the first place. Website didn't say they were out...I received an email after the order was placed. The email wanted to know if wanted to choose a different one or ship without that one. Well it was a sale and you had to reach a certain $$$ amount to get the 10% off. So I emailed them back and said I wanted to make sure I hit the $$ amount for the discount. They replied back saying well I would have to meet the $$$ amount...more or less no and's if's or but's.. OK here is where they should of said...Gosh this is our fault and if you are a smidgen under the $$ minimum we will still give you that discount since your original order was above that. Anyway I just happened to squeak by to get the discount so I placed the order. I emailed them to find out when the other scent would be in. The end of the following week. OK here again...not my fault they were out. BUT to order it on the 10% off I would have to place ANOTHER order that meets the minimum to receive the discount...even tho I only want that one scent. Here is where any supplier with decent customer service would have said. Since it is our fault we ran out....when this FO comes in we will sell that particular one at the 10% off to you. But nope. To me that isn't real great customer service. They also don't do little samples or sniffies....which in my opinion only hurts them. I have bought tons of FO's just because I have liked how they smelled from a FREE surprise sample in with my order. Free sniffies and samples are an absolute MUST! After this ordeal I am not real impressed with this supplier...and definately not impressed with their customer service. But a couple of the FO's I got smell great OOB so far! But because of the above...I will have to think pretty hard before I do business with them again because to me....that is really iffy Customer Service.

I probably wouldn't but I'm very tough when it comes to that kind of stuff. If a supplier makes it seem at all to me that they don't want (or need) my business I'll move on. No reason to keep them in business if they don't seem to care one way or the other. There are plenty of good FO suppliers out there and I will spend my hard earned money where it is appreciated!

Free samples/sniffers is what got me going back to my supplier. Now I stay because of great customer service, answers to questions usually within 24 hours and great products.

I probably wouldn't but I'm very tough when it comes to that kind of stuff. If a supplier makes it seem at all to me that they don't want (or need) my business I'll move on. No reason to keep them in business if they don't seem to care one way or the other. There are plenty of good FO suppliers out there and I will spend my hard earned money where it is appreciated!

Free samples/sniffers is what got me going back to my supplier. Now I stay because of great customer service, answers to questions usually within 24 hours and great products.

I agree 100%! I just got in an order from a supplier that was having a huge end of year sale.....great time to stock up! Anyway in that order I didn't get one FO sample....I got 4!! And each of the free FO samples were 2oz each. Now that is a great big WOWZA!!! And to top that off---all of them are great but 2 of them are REALLY great OOB! So I will test them and see how they do and if they do great in CP...I will most likely order them! And with the 2oz size you can easily make a test batch of soap!