Help with candlewic palm waxes

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding this waxes.

Before I only used palm waxes from Australia.

Now I have little problems, here they are:

1) Crystalizing wax: sometimes crystals are very few and they don't show up well. What causes this?

2) Feathering wax: pillars never come out of the molds.

The basic facts are:

-I use a spray to aid mold release

-I heat my molds placing them on the stove while the wax is melting in the pots

-I always pour at about 200F ( alittle less, 197F that is 92C)

-I don't use stearic at all

-my room temp is about 70F

-pillars cool in no wrapping or boxes..

TIA!

Merry Christmas

Yep. Pouring cool with palm diminishes the crystals - when making layers, we do this deliberately to get a clear layer between the crystallized ones. I don't use the same distributor, so my results may not be the same, but I think there are SOME properties that most of the brands of palm wax share... :D

Cybersix, I won't be any help but am having the same problem. Have heated mold and poured at 200, uncovered, covered with towel, nothing works. I get feathering at top and bottom edge but only lines for most of the candle. Using nuscents feathering palm. Palm stearic helped release the candle but no feathering design. :undecided

Cathy, no oven for my molds.

Before pouring or during cooling? At what temp should I set the oven?

Does it helps fro crystalizing or also for releasing? I didn't have any problems with the other waxes I tried.

Thanks!

Hi Sabrina,

As for the crystalization, I've used Candlewic's Palm 2 Crystal wax and have not been satisfied with the outcome. I switched suppliers for this reason. Their feathered is #1.

Hi Sabrina,

As for the crystalization, I've used Candlewic's Palm 2 Crystal wax and have not been satisfied with the outcome. I switched suppliers for this reason. Their feathered is #1.

Hi, thank you very much for your post.

So did you swithc supplier for both waxes? Can you tell me which supplier is so I can check the site?

I like the feather of candlewic even if I saw different featherings on different waxes, but the crystals don't satisfies me.

Thanks!