Drownt wick w/ new palm wax

I just recently went through a supplier that offers Palm 3 for my votive/tarts, but im having a problem with wicking the votive. I had bought 36-24-24 which are getting drownt in my regular 15hr votives, and only burning half down at most. Before I purchase the other votive wicks which are 44-24-18 and burn at .04oz/hour more I just wanted to see if anybody had any opinion and perhaps tell me if I am running in the wrong direction and they know of a better supplier.

I really appreciate the help, as I am unfortunately avoiding orders from customers because of the situation

Victoria

I just posted my candles I made with palm 3's from the same company. They are pillars and I am testing them with RRD 47's, Performa and Hemps. I'm still testing, I should have a better idea tomorrow and will post results but so far the RRD is doing a good job. I'm just at the first inch or so so I will have to see if it bubbles out or leaks or caves. But I went through a bunch of wicks that drowned in the natural waxes. SO not I sticl with RRD's Hemps (I love the hemps) and I am just satring tests with performas that are doing wonderfully.

I can send you a couple if you like. PM me.

santa chee

ilona

The zinc core could very well be the problem. This is the first time I have used these kind. So would these wicks that I have now, the 36-24-24 work in regular 15hr parafin wax votives? I cannot remember who I had purchased my wicks from before, but I believe they were just cotton and I used them without problem between my parafin and palm.

So is zinc looked down on or anything? Im not sure if I like the idea of the metal being there. Any suggestions? Should I just go through a different supplier to get non-zinc wicks?

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that you should up your wick size in containers when using palm wax..i'm thinking of trying palm wax & have no clue on wicking..i'm using the search buttom which is helping, but would love any advise

Kay

Never having poured paraffin, I can't say how wick size compares except from the recommendations from the manufacturers. We generally wick up a couple of sizes from whatever is recommended... We seldomly pour palm in containers, so we have to wick up even more to find the correct size for pillars. We use CDN wicks.