Travel Tins 4oz & 6oz

I'm thinking about trying either the 4oz tins or the 6oz tins or both! Do the same rules apply to soy candle-making when you are using tins? I would think you'd want the tin to stay as cool as possible. Not sure about the diameter off-hand for the 4oz tins but I would get it to be about the same as the 8oz Standard Jelly Jars (2.5") or maybe a little smaller. I would think that the wicks suitable for that diameter in glass wouldn't be as suitable for tin. Am I wrong?

Maybe I am just not ready for the tins yet! The tins are way more expensive than my jelly jars. Another question where do you find the lables that fit the top of the tins? Office Max and such don't care 2" Avery Labels, and I wouldn't want to cut my own.

Yes I found the directions for pourng into glass are the same for pouring into tins. (Except you dont heat the tins) My 4 oz tins from peaks are just at 2.5 inch in diameter, I am now testing the same wicks in 4 oz glass tumblers with a 2.5 inch diameter and they work the same.

The tins really don't get any hotter than glass (touching on the outside) none of them so far have been too hot to pick up and move. If it were to get too hot then I'd say the flame was too big and is prolly causing more problems than this.

Jump on in and test the tins! I am much more secure in knowing that I can pop out the wick tab and retest in tins than glass, I am a little scared of glass at this point.

To do mock labels (I don't sell yet) I used sticker paper in full sheets that I printed out and cut to size. The sticker paper is removable so I could play with it more and see what I liked where.

Sami

I made some 6oz tins for Christmas gifts, used wick stick'ums to secure the wicks, put a round 2.5" label on the top (which fit nicely!). I use EZsoy and wicking wasn't any harder (or easier) than if I had used a glass container/jar.

I bought my tins from Peaks...and the labels from labelsbythesheet.com

HTH

:smiley2:

We do 6 oz. tins and like them very much. I think they do not get as hot as glass, which kinda surprised me. W use glue dots to stick the wicks. I got my labels from the same source already listed - different web address... Creative Label Concepts

I was very pleased with the quality of them! We got our tins from Specialty Bottle:D

My tins are a pretty thick. I get mine from Nuscents candle supply. They cost more than specialty but they are located 10 minutes away so I don't pay for shipping . I have an easier time wicking them than I do my jars. My jars are thin cascade jars that don't transfer the heat well at all. Plus I have a very cold house because it is all hard wood and very big. Not a plus for candle making.

But I absolutely love wicking the tins.