Best Wax For Jar Candles?

WHICH WAX IS A GOOD WAX FOR MAKING JAR CANDLES? I KNOW EVERYBODY HAS THEIR FAVORITE, BUT WHAT SEEMS TO BE AN EASY WAX TO WORK WITH? I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T PULL AWAY FROM THE GLASS TOO MUCH OR MAKE BUBBLES. SOMETHING EASY TO WORK WITH, PREFERABLY A SINGLE POUR WAX. RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS LIKE I SPEND MORE TIME 'FIXING' THE CANDLES I'VE MADE THAN ACTUALLY MAKING CANDLES. I WAS USING PARRAFIN WAX AND RECENTLY SWITCHED OVER TO A 50/50 BLEND. ALSO, I LIVE IN FLORIDA, AND CANDLEMAKING SEEMS TO BE EVEN MORE DIFFICULT HERE DUE TO THE HIGH HUMIDITY. :undecided

You described the perfect wax, unfortunately I don't know of one off hand LOL!! All waxes have their quirks, pros and cons, depending on who you talk to. I have the 'perfect' wax for me, which is my own blend of soy and paraffin. There are just way too many waxes out there and the way they perform lots of times depends on the area you live in, what FO's or EO's you use, etc. Everyone can tell you what their favorite is and why, but your own trial and error is still the best way to find out what works best for you. :cool2:

You might want to have a look under the Vegetable section on this board - alot of people seem to prefer pure soy or a blend of soy and parafin. I think some of the biggest considerations here is shrinkage (and the need to top-up or not), wet spots and motteling (i.e. the capacity the wax has for holding fragrance, if you did not know:) ). Another consideration is your closest supplier, which seems to be one of the most important from a cost point of view. You will see alot of people on this board prefer to make do with the wax closest to them (if it is at least workable...) simply because of the high shipping costs involved.

HTH!

Katinka