Another issue with school Holiday Shop

Trae

This is the one that was only pushing only the dollar items......anywho, the day I went to break down my display and take inventory, I was informed that they lost my inventory sheet. I had a copy with me so I took inventory, gave it to them and went on my merry way. Usually they send me a check within a few days less the percentage I give them, along with the inventory sheet. Well, I've waited over 2 weeks now for the check. I called my friend who works at the school to see who to ask about it. She called me back today and tells me the lost the 2nd inventory sheet! WTF! I told her I didn't have one saying what was sold, only what total inventory there was (I actually know what was sold in my head but didn't have time before work today to print out another sheet and deduct everything). I told her what they owe me and she said too bad for them (the PTO), they're going to have to go with what I told them they owe me. Supposedly her MIL had items there too and hasn't been paid yet. I guess they were going to hold onto my money until I said something, not call to say sorry, we lost your sheet. Guess considering the ritzy area the school is in they figure I don't need the money for Christmas or anything. Unbelievable! I'm definitely not going back there next year.

I'd probably be writing a letter to the Principal and copy the Superintendent of Schools making him aware of how poorly this event was run. Of course, it would be written in a professional and concerned manner (not as a bitchy vendor/participant).

Fundraisers are difficult enough for schools to conduct nowadays, but to have one run into the ground because of poor organization and/or follow-though is unacceptable.

I realize these events are run by volunteers, but come on, this isn't rocket science. Seriously.

I'm definitely writing a letter to the principal. They were supposedly mailing that check out on Tuesday or Wednesday and I still haven't gotten it yet. This school is only 5 minutes away so it doesn't take that long to get here. It was 3 weeks ago yesterday that I gave them my inventory sheet so this is totally unacceptable. Guess it sucks to be me if I needed that money for Christmas.