complete color change

SANDY

I made soap today... First time in ages. I used SW Sweet Pea & Sandlewood. The color changed so much from start to finish. Just oils and lye water were a pale pale yellow... Added Fo.... Turned florescent yellow. Added Blue colorant.. Went from florescent yellow to baby shit to chocolate brown to the most gorgeous burgandy. Never once touched the blue I was using nor the green I wa trying to create....:embarasse

Dunno why they did that. I just tried a sparkling blue that went WHITE on me lol! I think someone mentioned to me that the ph balance of the soap tends to affect the changes in the colors. They couldn't prove it (I didn't ask them too lol) but it sounded good to me.

Ohhhhh, don't tell me this!!

OK I didn't lol! I told Sandy ;) I plan to try it again with more of the color agent to see what it does. I think that person also suggested perhaps using more to draw out the color. I know I dream funky stuff, but I couldn't have dreamed that up at all!