Ebay Chunk of Wax

Has anyone noticed on Ebay where you can order a 16-18# precolored chunk of wax? It is regular paraffin wax (MP 140) for tarts..pillars..votive or jar candles. I have a different wax for containers than I do for votives. Starting bids are .99 and shipping is 22.01. It says just add scent and you have candles. I guess that makes a person an experienced candlemaker? Ginger

Has anyone noticed on Ebay where you can order a 16-18# precolored chunk of wax? It is regular paraffin wax (MP 140) for tarts..pillars..votive or jar candles. I have a different wax for containers than I do for votives. Starting bids are .99 and shipping is 22.01. It says just add scent and you have candles. I guess that makes a person an experienced candlemaker? Ginger

Ebay kills me,,,:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Never bought wax from Ebay but will share an experience where I did purchases aprox 150 lbs of paraffin from an acquaintence. The guy didn't know anything about the wax other than it was paraffin. It was pre-colored and pre-scented (lightly). I've had this stuff for going on 2 years and have yet to get it wicked properly. I can tell from the slabs' brainey tops that there is vybar in it. In pillars, I have tried every size mold and wick in my arsenal and nothing works. At this point, it good for NOTHING except tarts!!! I have used up a couple slabs making hurricanes and if I mix it with about 75% 1343 paraffin, I can almost get a decent burn in a pillar.

I won't buy an unknown wax again simply because it was a huge waste of money...sometimes those good deals turn out to be NOT so good. KWIM

I can tell from the slabs' brainey tops that there is vybar in it.

Just wandering what you mean by this? I used vybar for the second time today to make some floating candles (thought i'd try it out) and the top (luckily soon to be bottom) was all bumpy. I thought was a mistake, but now wandering if thats an affect of vybar (the last time i used it it didn't do that)

Just wandering what you mean by this? I used vybar for the second time today to make some floating candles (thought i'd try it out) and the top (luckily soon to be bottom) was all bumpy. I thought was a mistake, but now wandering if thats an affect of vybar (the last time i used it it didn't do that)

little too much vybar can leave the top of the candle kinda bumpy..or so I've read.