How long will the scent in tarts last in a zip lock bag?

I have been putting my tarts in the little zip lock bags individually but seems the scent just isnt very strong just after a few days,How long do you think scent should last in those? Is there something better to use to store tarts in to keep scent,I was trying to get a head start on Christmas Gifts but dont want to give them with no smell..

Ziploc is bad for FO's. I use cellophane baggies, any kind of Party City bag that has the small party bags, and I think they have a number 5 on the bottom...I never found the number 5, but I have been making tons of tarts, and did use ziploc, and after using the cello bags, they work better IMHO!

HTH!:D

I once believed what everyone was saying about, "If you use regular ziplock bags, it will suck all of the fragrance oil out of your tarts." I even passed that information on to all the newbie's when the question was asked. Well, before I heard about this, I had been using regular zip lock bags myself. I stopped using them because of what everyone was saying and switched to storing my tarts in freezer bags until I was ready to shrink wrap them. I recently discovered some old Chestnuts and Brown Sugar tarts that had been sitting in my tart bin dated June 2004...in a regular zip lock bag. They still smelled strong, so I decided to burn one just to see if the myth was true...and lo and behold...they retained their scent just as if I had stored them in a freezer or a polypro bag. I don't know where the myth started, but based on my personal experience...it just wasn't true. If it were, I would never have been able to smell these tarts that I made back in 2004 if they had been stored in a regular zip lock bag...but I can, and they're quite strong.