Insurance if you use premade bases

vanilla

Hi everyone,

Do you feel that you need to secure insurance if you are using a premade body product bases and not altering it at all except to add scent?

I've just been hearing so much about stuff lately and wanted to get some advice.

I did a search but didn't find any topics relating to the premade body product bases and insurance.

Thanks

It is easier and safer to use a base because it , most likely, has had all the tests needed. To make your own is tricky and uses many unstable or short shelf life oils and is supposed to have many expensive tests done, which I'm sure most don't do because of the expensive tests.

To answer your queastion...

Yes you do need insurance, once you open the bottle/container you are responsible from then on, for a safe product. No bacteria growth, rancidity etc.

You need insurance no matter what your business model is......Even if you do everything right, you can still be sued.....A liability policy will cover your defense costs (which can be sustantial) even if you "win" and never pay a penny for a claim...RCS...