Mica/Oxide colors in Soap

TerriWV

Since everyone is posting pics about their mica's changing colors in their soap, I thought this might be a good thread for everyone to post what colors they are getting. It might come in handy for future reference.

Here is what I have so far. I still have more to try yet. Just copy and paste your results.

Amethyst Mica = Grey in CP

Cellini Red = Orange in CP

Manganese Violet = Deep Brown in CP

Ultramarine Violet = True color in CP

Ultramarine Blue = True color in CP

• 3 weeks later...

Amethyst Mica = Grey in CP (I'll vouch for this one, puke gray! Well so far it is :P)

Cellini Red = Orange in CP

Manganese Violet = Deep Brown in CP

Ultramarine Violet = Tue color in CP

Ultramarine Blue = True color in CP

Copper Mica = True color in CP

Gold Mica = True color in CP

Yellow oxide = True color in CP

Sparkling blue = white (vanished)

Sunset mica = a darkish orange IMO

Majestic Green = stayed green

Ultramarine Pink = (went purple on me)

Salamander Pink = (not real sure it's going to stick)

Pantagonian purple = stayed purple

24 Karat Gold = muted goldy color

OK I shouldn't have done this ... and since I can't edit lol ... I did try adding some lavender/violet oxide to the amethyst with a touch of UM blue and after peeking at my thought to be most ugly soap, I'm seeing purple in there. Course this is preliminary, but had to make a note before I forgot.

OK the soap has been pulled and we're not seeing any gray in it. We're seeing purple, so maybe the changes worked and overpowered the amethyst or this batch didn't stay gray. Some of it did look it, but I'm not seeing it. Though I'm not seeing any of the salamander pink in it at all. I think that disappeared.

OK more opinions from the great wasted mica coop lol:

Salamander pink (worthless ... disappears. It might somewhat come back, but what's the point?)

24 Karat gold or whatever it is (loses its lustre.)

Cellini blue ... appears to keep its blue, but fades out and comes back only if there's an abundance in one spot. Also tends to spot (I don't wanna hear it.)

• 1 year later...
I thought bumping this up might help us newbies who're participating in the TKB co-op. Maybe we can have more experienced soapers chime in here with more results? We can use all the help we can get :)

TIA!

Thanks for that, Nancy! It is very helpful. I've already taken 24k gold off my list.

Donna

There are some that aren't soap safe. At the time for these, they weren't mentioned as being soap safe and no one really knew so some put them in soap just to see what they would do.

TKB separates its colors out into categories and will give you an idea if they're safe or stable for soap. I was thinking the micas talked about here are from Coastal Scents, which has a large makeup and toiletry business. The colors are good in other things, but not so cool in soap.

There are some that aren't soap safe. At the time for these, they weren't mentioned as being soap safe and no one really knew so some put them in soap just to see what they would do.

TKB separates its colors out into categories and will give you an idea if they're safe or stable for soap. I was thinking the micas talked about here are from Coastal Scents, which has a large makeup and toiletry business. The colors are good in other things, but not so cool in soap.

I am getting the PoP ones from TKB and did not see if they are soap safe:shocked2:

Guess I am off to look and see if they are! I was thinking of using them once I get settled into our new house and give my go at CP once again..hopefully this time I don't turn the lye mixture into a volcano necessitating an entire evacuation from my house and the neighbors :laugh2: Angi

Thank you Scented. That's good to know.

I was so disappointed that the Amethyst Mica I ordered was gonna turn gray.

Angel91805, put that 24 gold back on your list.

I think I have the 24 karat gold, not sure 'bout the amethyst. If I have it, I'll try to make something with them for you to see.