Beginner's Luck with Candle's is DEFINATELY over!

Well, bless the poster who told me last week not to get discourged. I made my first candles last week and they were great! Today, I made some voltive's which smell good but look like cookies. Then I made a pillar which looks good but smells like ..... I don't even know! :cry2: Maybe I will take up woodworking......nah! :D

I know EXACTLY what you're feeling. I started small in terms of buying supplies, just to test the waters. I swear, they must put some mojo on the starter kits cuz not that I've re-ordered (ratherly largely cost-wise), I am running into all sorts of issues!!!

I guess I do still enjoy what I'm doing, but it's so frustrating at times when things that I've done before don't turn out the same.

C'est la vie! :)

We started out with a kit for votives. We had more votives around the house than we could burn!! We used Container wax, so decided to Containers. When we got that down, we stayed with that, just changed containers and wicks. It just takes practice, practice, practice!! When we first started out....DH and I were up till all hours of the night playing in the wax, wicks, fo's and colors!! I still get a wild hair and pull an all nighter....when you accomplish things, it sticks!!

Hang in there....and stay with ONE type of candle, till you really have it down...then slowly move to something else...You'll be fine.:wink2:

Well, excuse me. But what I thought as a failure is really pretty good. Ugly....most definately! But, the sent is good, both upper and lower. (What I consider within a few feet of the burning candle and upstairs. I really don't know what the nose is supposed to be aware of.) And the wick is burning perfectly! A beautiful burning candle. How can I complain. Tomorrow......on to better color! Thanks to everyone for their great, great, great support. Peace!

Donna

Ahhh the fun of candlemaking. When it keeps repeating itself, go back to your original instructions and you might find what you missed doing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:grin2: Were you really born in 1919? Pearl Harbor day on your birthday. Same as my grandma's. She was also born on December 7. 1888. Thanks for your kind words. I will get this right. I have to. I am giving candles to the neighbors for Christmas. After Christmas, I am on to SOAP also. Wish me luck. And, once again, Happy, Happy Birthday. Peace to all of us!

Well my body thinks it's older than that ;)

I was being serious though about going back to the directions. When I first started all kinds of things started going wacko, but turned out it was because the temps were a little off. Sometimes it was just because it was supposed to mess up lol! It's where I learned that polycarb molds bite though. Great to see what you're doing, but after like two uses I couldn't use them again.

Well, bless the poster who told me last week not to get discourged. I made my first candles last week and they were great! Today, I made some voltive's which smell good but look like cookies. Then I made a pillar which looks good but smells like ..... I don't even know! :cry2: Maybe I will take up woodworking......nah! :D

I feel the same way. I was better when I stareted. what happened?