What color did your soap turn out?

SuzieE

It has been interesting reading what actual colors people are getting with the micas/oxides from the co-op. So I thought maybe we can post pics as we do them so we can see what color to possibly expect. I do suppose that ingredients will play a factor.

Here is my Peppermint soap with Cellini Red Mica. Not the pepermint color I envisioned. LOL but, I will remember it for a soap I want an orange shade to.

I can't wait to see what colors we come up with. I have so many to try out.

celiniredpeppermintsoapyz5.th.jpg

My red oxide soap, which turned pink on me:

pad2pn1.jpg

thecandlespastore My Red was sort of pinkish for the first week and then kind of decided on orange. LOL I didn't have any FO in the colored section,but, maybe the peppermint did have something to do my end result.

This will be great to see everyones colors.

Mud soap, LOL sorry Michi but it really does look like thin mud. How did the actual soap turn out?

Well preliminary on lavender harvest and I'm thinking it shouldn't be close to light brown. Used three colors in it ... of course the manganese violet was a great looking purple going in. The sparkling blue had promise (but I can't see it) and then there's the ultramarine violet. I'm thinking this puppy could be pretty in the trash :embarasse

Ah well let's see if I can get this to work. Had to reload a bunch of programs :P

[ATTACH]9361[/ATTACH]

This one is scented Be Delicious (Solas) and had the cellini red in it.

[ATTACH]9362[/ATTACH]

Here's the preliminary look at the lavender harvest (Solas) and I swear it's the colors that make it look barfy. It so really needs to be a better shade of color! Great scent ya know! (This is the combos of the purples and that gorgeous blue ... even had blue on the top and I know I'm old, but not blind!)

post-23-139458414643_thumb.jpg

post-23-13945841465_thumb.jpg

Dry mud..Michi, OMG .. LOL It is easy to laugh now, but, I am so sure that it wasn't so funny while you were stirring it up. Good thing it was just in your reserved soap.

Yep Scented, that is exactly the colors I had in the beginning and the end results. So I think I am going to start marking on the bags what the end color is so I don't forget before I use them again.

You know ... I may use all mine up or lose them lol. This is driving me nuts, but I'm on to the yellow oxide. Now could this turn purple for me?

I've had different shades of yellow but no purple from yellow oxide. Start out with just a little bit of the oxide then keep adding a little at a time til you get the color you like, if you use toooo much you get a mustard yellow. Have fun.

:whoohoo: I used the copper mica last night, and it's pretty, so far so good, although I mixed it a little too much and so some of the "swirls" are more a rust color now, not as shimmery as I would have liked but it's the same color as when I started-oh and I don't think this soap gelled at all, it got warm but not hot and never changed color at all.

I'll post pics. in a minute.

• 2 weeks later...