? re:pulling wick to try different size (not how to do it) having a problem

I am testing the 6-7 ounce tureen jar with KY 125. I started off using two LX 16. Did not get hot enough burn so I pulled the LX 16's and put in two LX 18. Stronger scent throw. After about one hour I noticed that I did not smell it as strong so I went and looked at the candle and one of the wicks had submerged under the melted wax. Did this happen because the jar is so short or did I do something wrong or maybe because the wick was not stuck to the jar and it floated out? I really like this jar but man it is hard to wick.

Yes indeed, I had the same trouble when testing the tureens. I was able to get only a couple of test burns in before the wicks fell over.

The one advnatage to tureens--if you can get them tested, and you don't mind a little extra work, youcan get double the mileage from your wicks by trimming them down, then take the triimed piecs, and attach a tab to one end, and you have another whole wick!

geek

I also have a short, squatty jar with a large diameter. Unfortunately, I discovered that the wicks must be secured to test to the bottom or they will float after a burn or two. With my taller jars, I don't have to do that.

You could try remelting the candle, rewicking the jar and then repouring. At least you don't waste all the wax!

If the jar has a large opening I double or even triple wick. You just have to be carefull to not over wick. That could cause unnecessary sooting and the candle might burn too fast. Just a thought...HTH

I am testing the 6-7 ounce tureen jar with KY 125. I started off using two LX 16. Did not get hot enough burn so I pulled the LX 16's and put in two LX 18. Stronger scent throw. After about one hour I noticed that I did not smell it as strong so I went and looked at the candle and one of the wicks had submerged under the melted wax. Did this happen because the jar is so short or did I do something wrong or maybe because the wick was not stuck to the jar and it floated out? I really like this jar but man it is hard to wick.