cargill nature wax ?'s

I am looking for a container wax to try and found a supplier very very near to me selling this wax. How is this wax? Who ever has or does use it, please let me know how you like it. :) I'd like to hear what people think of a wax before buying it, I should have read what people had to say about a certain wax before I bought it....:o

I was exactly in the same position. I started with GW444 and was happy with it but then I found a supplier 10 miles away and all the had was Nature wax. I tried and it works even better for me. It makes great candlea, very smooth looking and I get a great throw with it.

I love it, try it.

I was exactly in the same position. I started with GW444 and was happy with it but then I found a supplier 10 miles away and all the had was Nature wax. I tried and it works even better for me. It makes great candlea, very smooth looking and I get a great throw with it.

I love it, try it.

I'm with you Katie. I love C3 wax. The best scent throw and container adheration!

C-3 is OK, in my opinion. I'm not absolutely thrilled with it, but it works just fine, too. I tried it first, had quite decent results with it, but now the realities of shipping costs are kicking in, so I'm gonna have to change waxes to something that's stocked closer. C-3 has good throw, excelled adhesion, and is pretty easy to work with.

I'm personally of the opinion that location/availability and shipping costs kind of determine what you have to work with, so if it's what's available at the best cost to you, I'd get some and make every effort to make it work.

I'm curious, why do you pour it hot. I've always heated my jars and poured it around 120. Very little if any frosting and good adhesion. For a perfect top I repour a small amount. Does it come out better if it's poured hot?

I tried hot last night and ended up with frosting all through a couple jars? Is there a way to do it and get good results?

I've been using C-3 for a couple years and like it best of all.

Thank you all for the replies! I put in an order for the C-3 wax, I also did a search on here. And some little frosted containers too. I think I may do color free candles for now. I did one batch of color free blueberry muffin candles, (tealights and votives) and I really liked the look of them. I thought they looked elegant. But I love the fun look of color too.

Anyways, going off topic there! I hope to get the wax before the weekend. Thanks again for the replies, I appreciate it. :cheesy2:

...from post #10, referenced above:

Thanks for the inquiry. Our wax is made from soybean oil which is under the classification of vegatable oils. The product contains a certain amount of additives to help improve functionality but does not contain botanical oils. If you would like to forward your address, I can put some information in the mail to you.

If I am reading the reply from the Naturewax rep correctly, I believe the quote states that they use soybean oil, which is a vegetable oil. They add other "additives" but do not state what those additives are except that they are not botanical oils. I am assuming that these additives may be stabilizers or other similar products. I infer from this that their wax is made from 100% soy plus additives, not blended with other oils or waxes. I feel sure the additives referred to in the rep's reply are their proprietary "trade secrets" which improve the performance of the wax, similar to the additives in paraffin which affect the temp, flexibility, frosting, burning properties, melting points, etc. of the wax. The additives are what make the different properties between their votive, container and pillar waxes. Unless someone else has more specific information from Cargill, I think that C-3 is 100% soy, as stated in their advertising and distributor information. :smiley2:

I searched the web, and according to Cargill's own brochure:

Cargill is marketing NatureWaxbrand candle wax made from soy and other

vegetable oils.

It bothers me that suppliers advertise this wax as 100% soy. This is misleading and inaccurate information. It is a soy-vegetable blend and should be marketed as such. Link to brochure: http://www.cargill.com/files/br_citizenship.pdf

ETA: The quote appears on page 9.

I searched the web, and according to Cargill's own brochure:

Cargill is marketing NatureWaxbrand candle wax made from soy and other

vegetable oils.

It bothers me that suppliers advertise this wax as 100% soy. This is misleading and inaccurate information. It is a soy-vegetable blend and should be marketed as such. Link to brochure:

http://www.cargill.com/files/br_citizenship.pdf

ETA: The quote appears on page 9.

maybe you should also send this link to all the suppliers so they can change their advertising.

Its pretty bad that all suppliers advertise the c-3 as 100% soy. the c-1 is advertised as a blend but not the c-3.

maybe you should also send this link to all the suppliers so they can change their advertising.

Its pretty bad that all suppliers advertise the c-3 as 100% soy. the c-1 is advertised as a blend but not the c-3.

I should but it would probably be futile. 100% soy sells. Soy-veggie? Probably not so much. :undecided

I should state that I have no problem with the wax itself. I used it when I first started making candles and liked it very much. My problem is with suppliers who perpetuate a fallacy. :whip: