Back to cyclo & FO percentages

tarynjms

Back to cyclo percentages..sorry!

If I'm using 1/4 oz FO & 1.75 oz Cyclo in a 2 oz Bullet to make a dry oil spray,

then if I'm looking to offer 3 or 4 : One-ounce bottles, "sampler packs" of Dry Oil Sprays for the holidays, of various sprays, it would make sense that it would be cut in half, & I'd use 1/8 oz FO in a 1 ounce Bullet of dry oil spray.Right?Or am I missing something? Thanks! I would've loved to make sampler packs of the 1/3 oz roller bottles, but to tell you the truth, I'm still having trouble trying to figure out the correct,accurate amount of FO & cyclo(& maybe some FCO) to put in! And if I make samplers, I'm going to end up having to make only ONE of each scent at a time. Thanks.

You most likely are not going to pour just one bottle in the smaller size so don't worry about the 1oz or the 1/3 oz measurements. Just mix by the 2oz size, or larger, and pour into the smaller bottles, math headache solved.

Yea, but what about a 3 pack of "pick your own scent", one-ounce sampler sized sprays for the holidays, or as a sampler to try out scents & dry oil sprays? Then what:undecided ?

Originally Posted by Candle Man viewpost.gif

You most likely are not going to pour just one bottle in the smaller size so don't worry about the 1oz or the 1/3 oz measurements. Just mix by the 2oz size, or larger, and pour into the smaller bottles, math headache solved.

Yea, but what about a 3 pack of "pick your own scent", one-ounce sampler sized sprays for the holidays, or as a sampler to try out scents & dry oil sprays? Then what:undecided ?

I'd be interested in that as well.

I recently made the following two dry oil sprays. Am I way off on the %'s?

I made :

1.50 cyclo

.25 JS Strawberry White Cake FO

.25 FCO

= a 2 ounce spray bottle

I made:

1.00 Cyclo

.25 ICS's Pink Sugar

= fit in a 1 ounce sized spray bottle

I see that most of the suggestions are to use 1.75 cyclo & .25 FO. Are mine ok?THANKS!!!

I recently made the following two dry oil sprays. Am I way off on the %'s?

I made :

1.50 cyclo

.25 JS Strawberry White Cake FO

.25 FCO

= a 2 ounce spray bottle

I made:

1.00 Cyclo

.25 ICS's Pink Sugar

= fit in a 1 ounce sized spray bottle

I see that most of the suggestions are to use 1.75 cyclo & .25 FO. Are mine ok?THANKS!!!

Did you get the PS to mix with the cyclo? I never could without adding FCO, because PS is Vanilla heavy.

Did you get the PS to mix with the cyclo? I never could without adding FCO, because PS is Vanilla heavy.

NO!!!!

Stupid me, put the FCO in the other one & not the Pink Sugar!! I will re-experiment & add the FCO. That PS sure is a stubborn little oil!!! So what about my %'s: are they do-able, or do you think I'm way off. Thanks so much.

Those are good %'s. You could up the FCO a little and adjust the Cyclo to match the FCO, if you still have FO mixing problems.

I was concerned that using .25FO with only 1 ounce of Cyclo was too much FO if I'm using the same .25 FO in the: 1.75 cyclo and, also the 1.50cyclo/.25 FO combos.

thank you!:D

Yup.

.25 oz FO for 2 oz total is 12.5% (.25/2 , also written as .125)

So 12.5% of 1 oz total is 1 * .125 = .125 oz FO, which is also known as 1/8

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sorry Robin, this is like Chinese math to me! I'm so far beyond "math challenged" that there is NO term for it! I feel like such a loser

:cry2:

I just don't get it...how the heck do you do it!??

Sharon

The easiest way I have found to do the dry oil sprays is to put my bottle (2 oz.) on my scale, tare the scale, add .25 FO, .25 GSO, and 1.50 cyclo. I use this for every scent I make, super easy. I usually make at least 6 of each scent at a time so I line my bottles up on the scale, start w/ GSO and tare the scale after adding the .25 to each bottle, than do the same w/ the FO and finally the cyclo. You could cut those in half for the 1 oz. sample bottles.

Heather

The easiest way I have found to do the dry oil sprays is to put my bottle (2 oz.) on my scale, tare the scale, add .25 FO, .25 GSO, and 1.50 cyclo. I use this for every scent I make, super easy. I usually make at least 6 of each scent at a time so I line my bottles up on the scale, start w/ GSO and tare the scale after adding the .25 to each bottle, than do the same w/ the FO and finally the cyclo. You could cut those in half for the 1 oz. sample bottles.

Heather

What is GSO?

The easiest way I have found to do the dry oil sprays is to put my bottle (2 oz.) on my scale, tare the scale, add .25 FO, .25 GSO, and 1.50 cyclo. I use this for every scent I make, super easy. I usually make at least 6 of each scent at a time so I line my bottles up on the scale, start w/ GSO and tare the scale after adding the .25 to each bottle, than do the same w/ the FO and finally the cyclo. You could cut those in half for the 1 oz. sample bottles. Heather

Heather,

How does the GSO hold up as far FO staying power & oiliness? Does it still absorb quickly? Have you ever swapped the cyclo for FCO?

Man, would be GREAT to use GSO...got plenty of that!

Sharon