Aztec International FO's

Heather

Hi,

Does anybody buy fragrance oils from Aztec? If so, what are some good one's? They are in the same state as me and I order my wax from them. So, shipping costs are pretty good. I've only ordered a few scents from them and would like some more input before I purchase more. Their Fresh Linen is awesome in IGI 4786. They have a Hawaiian Tropic, but I was not to impressed with it. It was stong, but not exactly the smell of the tanning lotion. TIA :)

Hi Jennie,

I'm not from NM, I live in Tennessee. Aztec has a store in Knoxville. Thanks for asking though.:) What type of wax do you use? I use IGI 4786 and soy and would like to get something that throws well in both. I might just have to try the Pina Colada. :smiley2:

Cantaloupe & Lily is yummy. It's very light and sweet. My customers love it and have never smelled anything like it. Most didn't find the name too appealing, but they took one whiff and were impressed.

I also bought their Lemon Eucalyptus (or was it Eucalyptus & Lemon?). I thought it was a good "natural" scent, but my husband thought it smelled like Pledge. I add that scent to my hemp butter so that it doesn't give it a perfumy smell.

I bought their Amber Romance without trying a sample first...MISTAKE. I don't think it's awful, it's just not like the Amber Romance I smelled from another vendor.

I also tried Fresh Cut Grass, or Grass--whatever it's called, and thought it smelled decent.

Do you check their site everyday for the "Fragrance of the Day"?

I just moved to Idaho from Knoxville - Aztec was on my way to work (Oh how I'm going to hate having to pay shipping costs) -- I have tried the following Aztec FO's: Rain, Fresh Brewed Coffee, Hazelnut, Muscadine, ....oh, geez, I'm going to have to look at what I've got to continue this....OH, wait, My FAVORITE OF ALL TIME, Cool Citrus Basil....they have all been good. I'm getting homesick now :(

Thanks everyone for the reviews! :)

Sockmonkey, I will have to try the Cantaloupe and Lily. That sounds interesting. I don't check the site everyday, but I do check it often. In fact I'm going check after I finish typing this. :)

Judyvega, I hate that you moved far away from Aztec. I just wish I had someplace near by that I could stop by and pick up candle supplies. Oh, how I wish! Thanks for letting me know some of their good scents. I am going to make a list and try then next time I order. :)

Has anyone tried their Pink Grapefruit? It is one of the FO's they bought out from Cape Coral. I really like Pink Grapefruit and was excited to try it, but when I received it, it smells just like creamsicle or dreamsicle. I know people have different names for it, but it was not anything like Pink Grapefruit. Just thought I'd let ya'll know in case you wanted to try it.

Cotton Candy - this was my #1 seller (until I discovered pink sugar)

Gardenia - strong but not a true scent - sells good

Mulberry - Very strong

Vanilla - don't like this one at all - smells OK but not like vanilla

Rain - YUCK!! smells like funeral flowers to me

Sugar Cookie - smells yummy, had to mix this one at higher temp to blend

Pina Colada - smells great but didn't sell very well

Birthday cake - smells kind of buttery OOB, haven't tested it yet

I know there are more but I can't think of them right now. HTH

Thanks Judy, I will have to add those to my list for my next order. I definitely will not try the Rain. I hate that funeral flowers smell! :sad2: I've had a few scents that remind me of that. Blah! Oh, on another note, I just received your samples from the classified ad. They all smell good OOB. I can't wait to start testing. Thanks again. :)

Thanks Judy, I will have to add those to my list for my next order. I definitely will not try the Rain. I hate that funeral flowers smell! :sad2: I've had a few scents that remind me of that. Blah! Oh, on another note, I just received your samples from the classified ad. They all smell good OOB. I can't wait to start testing. Thanks again. :)

You are welcome. Glad to know that you got the oils. Happy pouring. :)

I live in clinton, just outside of knoxville about 25 minutes.

I've bought from Aztec before. Some of their FO's are worth buying, I prefer peaks for quality though.

They do tend to overcharge on alot of their other items though... so you have to be careful when buying from them.

Everyone there is very friendly though, except for the lady at the front desk who one day tried to tell me that FO's NEVER go bad... LOL

Hi, thanks for letting me know. They are the only place I have bought wax from because the shipping is pretty good. It cost me a little less than $15 bucks for shipping 50lbs of wax and some other items. Which I thought was great because most places I have checked are over $20 bucks just on shipping the wax. I know I wasn't impressed with the Pink Grapefruit I ordered from them. That was only because I expected it to smell like Pink Grapefruit not Creamsicle. If i had wanted Creamsicle then it would have been perfect. That's a new one FO's lasting forever. Never heard that before.

Heather,

I buy many different fo's from Aztek. I just live about 45 minutes away and go to their shop and pick out what I want after smelling samples. I would like to recommend a couple that I think are awesome:

Mistletoe Kisses---great scent

Orange Blossom---great orangy floral not quite so fruity

Cool Water---right on the money dupe

Sugar Cookie---mouth wateringly good

Sugared Spruce---a great sweet Christmas tree type scent

I do not buy wax from Aztek ( get that from KY Candle Wax Supply) but I really do enjoy buying other stuff from them. Always great service and a smile and friendly conversation.

Blessings,

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for the recommendation's. I will be adding those also to my ever growing list. I especially would like to try the Cool Water because I love the smell of the cologne.

I have never been inside their retail store, but have emailed them for support and they were always very helpful and friendly. Overall I have been very pleased with them. :)

I have bought a few from them

Canteloupe....not too strong but has a good hot throw

Pumpkin Spice...So strong I can't pour very much of this at one time.

sea breeze....Don't care for it but it's a good seller.(I renamed to to Ocean Breeze.

Cinnamon Bun...Great cold and hot throw and right on the money.

HTH

sea breeze....Don't care for it but it's a good seller.(I renamed to to Ocean Breeze.

HTH

Gee Lola, thanks for mentioning Sea Breeze from them. It is one of my favorites. I make MP soap with it for myself. I love it! I changed the name to Ocean Mist.

Also, I really like their Twigs and Berries.

Blessings,

Don