Had my first "official show"....

LaVida

It was a nice experience, I didn't do as well as I would have hoped, but I did alright. The caribbean food vendor did the most business as he always does. I always go to his restaurant. :D A lot of people were interested in coming to my "store"... which I was taken back by because I don't have one and people just assumed I had one. *l*... I pray to have one, one day soon. People LOVED the chocolate cake.. they were really like "wow".. some thought I was selling cake in the middle of my table of b& b products. A lot of people thought that everything was "cute" but they weren't buying. This one lady that came by asked me if I wholesaled. I told her not at this time.. I've been to her tacky store.. she has everything meshed together in a heaping horror of "whatever we want to put in here". Her store is in a mini mall. I thought about getting a store there for $200 a month. My mother did ok too.. she sold candles on the other side of the table(they set up was a little crazy.. the promoters set everything up in funny l shapes.. people still came around though). My biggest sellers were ...hmm, the cake, lava lip gloss (that I threw together at 2 am I was running on an "awake over 24 hour almost dead to the world" battery), childrens novelty items & the Monoi de Tahiti products. I got a lot of mailing list sign ups because of the freebies we handed out. The tables costed $115 (way too much to be honest... they charged as much as main events charge....) I made about $150 (so a little over what I paid... ). Elaine Houston (http://www.elainehouston.com/index.htm) a prominent reporter in out area would like to do a spot on me. She wants to set up camera's while I make a few things... I'm like..:embarasse :grin2: :undecided :cry2::D:grin2::confused::yay::cry2: :undecided :thumbsup::bliss::yes: ... I'm a more behind the scene's individual.

(ok, try this link... it's in the Dec 06 album)

http://360.yahoo.com/la77ny

I forgot to take picture's of my mothers booth. I'm a bad daughter. :(