Tarts on the radiator??

Hi,

I'm one of the newbies to this board, so you know I need a lot of help!!!

I live in London. Went to The Body Shop here, guess what is the price for a burner?? 10 POUNDS!!! Unbelievable!!

In Trinidad, where I'm from originally, it's about 50 pence!!!

Ok, my question, can I place it in a container on the radiator? Or is it risky? I decided to ask instead of doing it because I dont want to burn down my landlord's flat!!!

i also put a heat safe dish on the top of my oven anytime I am baking in it.....the place in between the burners gets warm enouigh to melt them when i am roasting or baking bread etc... as for the radiator if yu have no pets or kiddos adn a way to secure it I dont see why not....but if it spils it would be tough to clean up

personally, i put a 4 oz jar on my coffee pot burner and placed a tart in there. That is what I did before my tart burner.

What do those prices translate to? Here a tart burner with the tealight is $4.00 and I just bought a potpourri simmer pot for $5. That's what I use.

£10 converts to just under $20 at the min :shocked2:

You can get burners for much cheaper than that, you just have to look around a little. I got my last one from the supermarket. I would rather wait till I had a proper burner rather than use a radiator, but I also have children :wink2:

I definately wouldn't put it on the radiator, I softened some butter for baking in a dish on the radiator, forgot about it til it was melted then managed to knock it over.

It spilled inside the top air outlet, stank for ages & was a nightmare to clean up.........all cos I wanted to save some time!

Look on Ebay you can get some cheap burners on there.

Sally.

The Body Shop has some really cute burners right now for the holidays.

You can get them way cheaper. Why not look for a mug warmer at a department store. They are usually less than $5 USD. Use a heat proof container and put your tart in that. I use a pyrex dish for my tarts.