Presto Kitchen Kettle

For anybody that uses a Kitchen Kettle to melt wax. Can you tell me if

it's easier to melt wax directly in the Kitchen Kettle or to put the

wax in a pour pot and place the pour pot in the Kitchen Kettle on a

trivet and melt the wax as a double boiler? I'm just starting out and

would like to know any thoughts on this question.

Thanks in advance.

Wendell

I melt the wax directly in the kettle, just keep the temp below 200 degrees. I usually set mine at about 150, let the wax melt and turn it down if I'm not going to use it right away. I love it and I want more of them, it makes it so much quicker to melt.

For safety sake, I also make sure to use another thermometer mounted on the inside of the pot, because I've had a few times when the wax temperature went up much higher than the thermostat control knob was set at. (Actually, I've sometimes mounted two thermometers in the wax - kind of obsessive)

I am another one that puts it directly into the presto pot and I second the always use a thermometer. I then use a measuring cup to pour it into my pour pot on my scale and mix in my color and FO in the pour pot. I have been thinking about getting a presto pot with with the spout but have heard mixed opinions on them.

I use a turkey roaster to melt the wax and use the presto with water as a double boiler to add color and because I measure out several pour pots at a time, remelt the wax that has gotten firm. I used to use it to melt wax before I got a second roaster. Am thinking they melt faster than the roasters and you can pour quicker.. but you don't get as much melted. I'm wanting to get another one to melt wax for quick batches.

My Mom bought me one and she installed the spigot for me. I just started using it and I do not know how I managed with out it.

I still use my pots though to mix color and fo.

i know.. i only used it yesterday but i LOVE it i was able to get 4 scents poured in less than half the time. it was great... even hubby was impressed. he kept asking if he could fill it lol.. he's so cute