so i updated my website...

billyne

I noticed your top banner will not fit my 19" monitor. I don't know if it's my settings or something on your web page.

Also on your 8oz Jelly Jar page you have a photo of computer enhanced colored flames. It looks great but IMO - I think that would be a mis representation of your product. It looks like your candles burn with a colored flame and the customer might think they are getting a colored flame candle. I would put a disclaimer with that photo.

I couldn't get the banner on my computer screen either. I did a brief scan, looks nice, but in your scent descriptions, you are not consistent with punctuation (some descriptions have a period at the end, others don't), and in some of your "type" scents you have it in "title case" not "sentence case" (Every word is capitalized). I did notice the scent descriptions are pretty close to Nature's Garden's scent descriptions too. Don't know if that was intentional or not.

Don't read any further if you don't want an honest opinion...

As a graphic designer, I think it's too dis-jointed and confusing to the reader. You have broken the page down into left and right halves, with text, and lines everywhere, bold fonts, red ink, blue ink, black ink, at least three different sizes of fonts, and a photo of candles that overwhelms the page. The eye doesn't know where to focus.

If it were mine, I would place things centered on the page, I would add wholesale buttons and craft show buttons to the top bar where you have "home" and "shop online." The way they are now, they are almost un-noticeable.

Frankly, I would do away with your background information because every candle and b&b site basically says the same thing. You haven't said anything compelling that would make me think your candles or incense are better than anyone else's. How do you provide the "best shopping experience on the web"?

I understand if you have limitations with what you can do if you are using a template. I'm not trashing your site, just giving an honest observation. I'm looking at it, as if it were my site and addressing things that I would want to change.

Don't read any further if you don't want an honest opinion...

As a graphic designer, I think it's too dis-jointed and confusing to the reader. You have broken the page down into left and right halves, with text, and lines everywhere, bold fonts, red ink, blue ink, black ink, at least three different sizes of fonts, and a photo of candles that overwhelms the page. The eye doesn't know where to focus.

If it were mine, I would place things centered on the page, I would add wholesale buttons and craft show buttons to the top bar where you have "home" and "shop online." The way they are now, they are almost un-noticeable.

Frankly, I would do away with your background information because every candle and b&b site basically says the same thing. You haven't said anything compelling that would make me think your candles or incense are better than anyone else's. How do you provide the "best shopping experience on the web"?

I understand if you have limitations with what you can do if you are using a template. I'm not trashing your site, just giving an honest observation. I'm looking at it, as if it were my site and addressing things that I would want to change.

wow..so basically it sucks-- LOL--so what are your prices for web design? could you email me? billyne@gmail.com

Billyne, I have to agree with SockMonkey on this one. While I don't think its necessarily a bad website, I was a little overwhelmed by it. I also don't think your business "image" comes across well (Sorry!). Are you prim, contemporary, all natural, etc??? JMO...

i think your site is good but i really laughed at the incense names ,it kinda shocked me:D

yeah..i only sell my stuff at craft shows occasionally and when i do i usually only sell shea butter.(can you imagine the looks i would get? lol)-i do lot of festivals where people are walking around drinking, dancing and having a good time, so it fits in there. some of my candles have the same names too, but i haven't listed them yet. I sell ALOT of incense.

i left my website white because i liked the clean look, i thought it would make the pictures of my products pop out -- i am in the process of taking more pics and getting a logo made..i'm not the type of girl that would put santa and reindeers, or hearts, or that primitive type country cabin cutesy stuff on my page...i'm not putting it down--it's just not me. i guess you could say that i sell to a totally different crowd than that. I just need to find an appealing look, that's all..thanks for all the honest opinions--i appreciate that.

~b