Wick suggestions for J50

Bea

I'm new at making candles, I'm using J50 in 8oz jelly jars w/ 44-24-18 Zinc wicks, I'm also using 4oz flower pots & 8 oz tins with same wax & same wicks. In my 16 oz jars I'm using 51-32-18 Zinc wics. I also have some Eco-8 (Which I haven't tried yet) My candles smell great, I have a good burn pool. (with lotsa mushrooming & wet spots - I am preheating my jars in the oven) Do ya'll have any suggestions on a different wick to try? I've gotten my first orders today! I'd like to give them a good prodct so they'll keep coming back for more. I'm placing an order today from Peaks & Lonestar - I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Please help!

I use htp 104 in the 8 oz jj with J 223 wax, I was using J 50, but the J223 holds more fo. if you are having a lot of mushrooming, you may want to test other wicks and also look at the amount of fo that you are now using with the wicks your using now, as far as the wet spots on your jars, for me, i pre heat my jars at least 10 min in a very low oven, but sometimes i get a few wet spots, not many and i have found that sometimes after the candle has cured awhile, seems like the spots disappear, keep trying, it's a never ending learning process, HTH you some :smiley2:

I have been fighting this issue for a while now....those dreaded wet spots with J50. Make sure your jars are super clean, then heat them in a 150 degree oven and put them back in the oven to cool, J50 must cool slowly. Then someone told me to add a little crisco..1oz pp of wax (1oz crisco-15oz wax) I did that yesterday and not one wet spot! I'm test burning now and its burning great and has a great throw, so far. I'm hoping I found the right combo here. I use 51Z wicks in my 8oz jars with this combo. The candles burn nice and clean and burn all the wax from the sides of the jar. What I understand is the Z series wicks will mushroom, but keep the wick trimmed and its not that bad....cause I'm not switching at this point. I've been testing to long....:D Good Luck! Dee