What are the characteristics?

My packages finally started arriving all this week from several of the suppliers after being backordered or out of stock for some time! I'm so happy now! Whoo! :D

I was wondering what are the characteristics of a wax pulling away from the container jars? I had been digging around to see if I could find a picture that resembling that issue but no luck so far. I have some candles here that I just poured into the jars and I honestly do not think that they are pulling away from the walls because I had been heating up the containers before pouring. Just wondered about that.

If you want me to post some pictures to get confirmation, let me know and I will be more than happy to post them. Although they are not completely cured yet.

Okies! Here are the pictures... I haven't been able to see any of the wetspots at all on any of the containers so far...

*dark red is pomegrante

*dark purple is lavender-vanilla... (looks like blue but its really a vivid purple)

*light bayberry is vanilla mint

*white is snow angels

*cream (light brownish) is oatmeal, milk, and honey

I'm still working on them.... going to put the labels on the bottom but right now, I just put them on the side for notes and testing...Please feel free to comment on anything... :embarasse

post-5342-139458414519_thumb.jpg

post-5342-139458414531_thumb.jpg

post-5342-139458414536_thumb.jpg

It's hard to tell from a photo, but they look like they are adhering evenly so far. You'll know "wet" spots when you see them. If you go to any store that sells jar candles I'm sure you will find plenty of examples ;) I see many more wet spots with paraffin than I do with soy waxes though. You can tell when a wax pulls completely away from the glass as you'll see a small space between the wax and glass at the top of the jar, and if it's a wax that shrinks a lot then sometimes they will even rattle in the jar or release completely. When it pulls totally away, the color will look a tiny bit less vivid then when it completely adheres. HTH!

Sometimes it takes a day or 2 for the wet spots to show. I pour into warmed jars and the next morning congratulate myself on beautiful candles. Then the next day I have spots... over time you learn to reduce and live with them. Shows in the fall outside in a tent make my candle look awful.. they look pretty much like I feel.

I went back to look at the containers and discovered that the large square container, which is 4 inches tall and around as well as about 1/4 inch or less thick for the walls... well, anyways, I discovered that the rest of the variety of containers did not have, or just had a couple wet spots compared to the large square container... what I'm thinking here is... the thicker it is, the worse it is....

I also put the large square in the freezer for a few hours then took it out to set aside for a few days, to just experiment and after taking that out, there was NO wet spots at all. I thought that was pretty interesting enough to share with all of you. The wax did not come out of the container and was still ahered to the wall.

As for the ones with the wet spots, I took my heat gun and saw the bubbles rise to the top, then i took the heat gun to the top and created a little ripple to even it all out on the top, tapped the jar quite a few times, and a few days later, still no wet spots...

by the way, the throw is awesome and the wick is just great. Its awesome. My hubby came home from work early and had lit the two containers that I had set out to test and as soon as I walked in the door 10 minutes later (was Christmas shopping all day), I could smell it and it was amazing...