IGI 1313 wax

Has anybody used this wax for their electric candles or votives? I just tried this because it is supposed to me translucent and I thought it would be nice in the electric candles. I made my first one last night and am having difficulty with white spots and an oily feel to the candle. I guess I used too much fo and that I can take care of. the white spots have me confused becaused I heated the wax to 200degrees, used christmas splendor fo, poured at 185 into my grubby mold. did all the same things as when I use 4794 -- HELP, I hate to waste this wax.

With slight variations, all straight paraffin waxes are translucent. 4794 is more opaque because of the additives in it.

If you use straight paraffin wax with only fragrance oil, it's liable to sweat and/or mottle. You can add Vybar but that may make it just as opaque as 4794 or even more so. Alternatively you can try Universal Additive and it should retain more translucency. Use at least 2%, or more if necessary to hold the FO and clear away any mottling.

I have used this wax one time to make chunky pillars. I didn't use any additives and used 1 oz fo to the lb. I read that it is supposed to be most translucent wax on the market and I decided to try it so far, i found it easy to use.:smiley2: