Laser vs. Inkjet for clear labels with color?

cleanglow

I've got a Canon ip6700 that I love for my brochures/glossy white labels, etc. But when I print my crystal clear labels in any color other than black, they just don't seem very crisp and bright. The setting are all correct... it's just that no matter what I do, the print still looks somewhat transparent or faded out.

We bought an HP color laser, but returned it because I wasn't pleased with the way it printed my brochures at all. I never tested the clear labels though and am wondering now if it would have been good for that?

I've heard some of you talking about a minolta laser? I think that was it. Have any of you that own them tried printing clear labels with color?

Jenn

Alot has to do with the type of paper you use as well. Especially for brochures. I would use the type of clear labels that are water resistant if you are applying them directly onto the candle jar. I only adhere to the lids because the heat or moisture from fingers tend to smear the ink. I hope this helps you out....

I notice the "faded" look on my clear labels that I print with my laser printer too (Okidata 3200). I tought it was just mine. I have no advice but wanted to let you know you are not alone:wink2: . Interested to see what others might have to say too.

In order to have a vibrant color, there needs to be a base. Color labels look fantastic on a white background, because the color has something to contrast against. Color printed on clear, has nothing to contrast against in order to make it vibrant.

Unless you get your labels professionally done with a white undercoating printed on clear labels, with the color printed over top of the white... there's just no way you'll get a bright, vibrant color on a clear label at home.

In order to have a vibrant color, there needs to be a base. Color labels look fantastic on a white background, because the color has something to contrast against. Color printed on clear, has nothing to contrast against in order to make it vibrant.

Unless you get your labels professionally done with a white undercoating printed on clear labels, with the color printed over top of the white... there's just no way you'll get a bright, vibrant color on a clear label at home.

Thank you for saving me a trip to the store, $400.00, and hours of frustration trying to get the thing set up properly . Not the answer I was hoping for but at least now I won't waste time on printers