Clamshell made vanilla scent morph into a plastic-y smell......

Thanks for bringing this up to the top of the pile! I joined after the original post started and was amazed to see the problems. Ran to my storage closet to check everything I've poured and they're all fine, thanks goodness. But then the only one I've poured that has any hint of vanilla in it was the Blueberry Muffin. From what I've read it only happens with some aromas - basically ones that are vanilla or have vanilla as a component. Yeah, I'd suspect the oil blending components that the manufacturer/perfumery uses.Maybe a thread of Oils (& their Suppliers) that don't work in Clamshells? Just a thought.

It is the clamshells from Millcreek I am sorry to say. I had to throw mine away. Not only are they thinner compared to the other clamshells I have and the quality isn't near the others I have used. Millcreek's affected the smell of several tarts that I poured in them but my other clamshells don't. The only reason I ordered them from Millcreek is because I had an order I needed from them and thought I would save on shipping.

The clamshells I use now are much thicker and I have NO problems with any scents in them. I had always bought mine from ICS.

I had the same problem with Millcreeks f.o.s and clamshells. You probably just have a very sensitive nose that picks up those things. I think all Millcreeks f.o.s have a very plasticy skunky smell then pour them into their clamshells and it’s like fresh skunk spray, my husband however can’t detect those nuances. They must use the same cheap plastic in their bottles too. So it’s not just you or your imagination, your nose is gifted. I also have very sensitive taste buds, I have 3x’s the taste buds, I think Cheerios are salty! To avoid this I don’t use any of Millcreeks stuff. I also just use the clamshells as a mold and then shrink wrap the bar in a 4x6 shrink bag to avoid any skunky smell.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for pulling this old post out of the dust bin. I am sorry others have lost money with the clams they purchased, yet perplexed that others are not experiencing this. I just unearthed an old box of our discontinued Clams and even other bakery and floral scents have now turned skunky. It is not my imagination, it is a big loss of money. Furthermore, when I contacted MC about the issue they said they had never heard another complaint and didn't offer me any options to the issue. All I can say, is I would have liked to have received my money back for the clams at least. This is a sore spot for me.

hmmmmm thanks for the posts! I just found my clamshells, (packed up from moving) I was thinking of pouring my palm wax in them, I got mine from Wholesale Supplies Plus.

I havne't had any problems before when I used them with my soy/paraffin blend wax. I need to use them and add them to my store inventory! I NEED the room in my work shoppe and $$$. :laugh2: