Don't know what wax to use...

Hi, I am new to candle making I have looked for several hours at waxes and I don't know what wax to use. Alot of them sound good and when I think I have found one I like a find another one. I am trying to make wickless candles (container candles) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what you like for container candles one pour I would preferr. I have found C-3 Cargills, C-1, IGI 6006 and IGI 4627. I would like something that like I said is a one pour wax with very good scent throw hot and cold and is versitle with colors something that is not just limited to pastel colors. I hope this is to much to ask.. If anyone could just give me and idea of a good wax. Thanks Also I has anyone heard of adding soy, parrffin and bees wax all together to get a very good candle?

I'm a IGI 4627 lover myself. The pros are the awesome hot and cold throw, the fragrance capacity, and it's a one pour. The only con is it's consistency. It's a lot like vaseline :D This can make things difficult until you get a system down for cutting/scooping it, but it's well worth it in my book! It drives some people to drink though.. so be warned!! LOL!

You may need to try out several different waxes before you settle on the one you love. I know I did, and I know this is true for many of us. It can definately get expensive, especially during this phase, testing different container/wax/wick/scent combinations can drive one to drink too, actually, it's a wonder we're not all a bunch of alcoholics!! Have fun, and Good luck to you!

I would like something that like I said is a one pour wax with very good scent throw hot and cold and is versitle with colors something that is not just limited to pastel colors.

If the coloring issue is important to you, it helps narrow down the field. Try out the 4627 as it will be significantly easier to get the deeper colors. You shouldn't have any problems with the throw. One pour and glass adhesion are very good if you learn to pour it optimally.