Did 4627 formula change?

Please don't tell me to do a search on this because I'm sick of searching. I'm just curious but I used comfort blend last year and just switched back. Is it less "vasalinie" now or is it just the cold weather.

Also, I did a search on this too but found nothing. Does CB seem to end up with more air bubbles that the other waxes?

Thanks

Please don't tell me to do a search on this because I'm sick of searching. I'm just curious but I used comfort blend last year and just switched back. Is it less "vasalinie" now or is it just the cold weather.

Also, I did a search on this too but found nothing. Does CB seem to end up with more air bubbles that the other waxes?

Thanks

LOL, You may hate it, but it's the only way to find things out

I understand your frustration. I think the cold weather makes it seem a little thicker. Searching is a pain but most people in here will tell you that. I dont think anything has changed. Not that I know of anyway. If you find out anything different, please post!:D

4627 is actually manufactured in two different locations and there is a slight difference in the appearance and texture although the burn and throw are identical. I order by the pallet and request a particular lot number when I can because the only difference I can tell in a finished candle is that the more yellow, softer "vaselinish" version produces a deeper color and I like to have it for my batches of reds at this time of year. On the other hand the type you have now produces a firmer candle. If you order by the case, pay attention to the batch number and location on the box you have now.

BTW the last discussion of any sort on this subject that I've seen was years ago on the old TSR so I don't think you would have ever found it in a search. Back then we chalked it up to just different batch runs on the production of the wax and it wasn't until I questioned a distributor that I was told about the difference.

Thanks to everyone who commented on this.

I thought I had enough experience to make this wax work this time but I guess I was wrong. I'm getting really ugly air bubbles and I'm not talking about wetspots. It's as if they're working their way to the glass after a few days. I guess this wax is just so viscous that it holds the bubbles while it cools.