Question for anybody using EVO dyes in 464 or any soy wax

Hello all,

How are you getting deep reds and greens using this in 464. I heard that mixing in some black will darken it, however, when I did this with the red it didn't come out like I thought it would. Not really a deep red.

Also, what is the max drops per lb. that you are using before it would start clogging up the wick. I am using CD's.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Bob and DonnaMarie

I use these as well, and can easily get a dark red. I also add a couple drops of black to get the darker color--so it isn't too bright. I would have to look at my notes for the exact amount in my soy.......I also use the pryme colors in my soy.

I use Evo dyes in 464 and generally don't have a problem getting deep colors...as long as you use enough. I generally don't measure but "eyeball" it. I've never had a problem with them clogging up the wick and I am able to get a nice dark green and a pretty dark red.

I use Evo dyes in 464 and generally don't have a problem getting deep colors...as long as you use enough. I generally don't measure but "eyeball" it. I've never had a problem with them clogging up the wick and I am able to get a nice dark green and a pretty dark red.

How are you cooling your candles? I am also using EVO in 464 and am having frosting issues.

Bob and DonnaMarie

How are you cooling your candles? I am also using EVO in 464 and am having frosting issues.

Bob and DonnaMarie

Well...I DO get some frosting but usually a week or 2 after they set up. I live in (generally) warm California and I just let them cool naturally, uncovered in my kitchen (its above 70 degrees in there). I pour them at about 155. If I pour much lower I get funky tops and more frosting. HTH.Lili

Well...I DO get some frosting but usually a week or 2 after they set up. I live in (generally) warm California and I just let them cool naturally, uncovered in my kitchen (its above 70 degrees in there). I pour them at about 155. If I pour much lower I get funky tops and more frosting. HTH.Lili

I never poured that hot before, but I'll try anything once. I have tried the oven thing and styrofoam coolers. The only thing that kind of works is putting my containers on the stove between the gas jets. I use a double boiler so it gets kind of warm there in between.

After this holiday season I might just go all natural and not color my candles or at least stay away from the dark colors.

Thanks,

Bob and DonnaMarie

I never poured that hot before, but I'll try anything once. I have tried the oven thing and styrofoam coolers. The only thing that kind of works is putting my containers on the stove between the gas jets. I use a double boiler so it gets kind of warm there in between.

After this holiday season I might just go all natural and not color my candles or at least stay away from the dark colors.

Thanks,

Bob and DonnaMarie

I think this wax is supposed to be poured "hot." I've poured it as high as 160 and actually get better results than if i pour under 150. I'm glad I don't need any really special cooling procedure...!

i usually add a little brown or if you just want to use red, you would need to go up to 12 drops of EVO dye per pound of wax. 16 drops per pound would be the maximum to use before it starts clogging up the wick. When you add this much dye you may need to wick up one size as well.