50/50 blend from JS

I'm testing this wax and wondering how much FO your using? I've been testing with 8%, CD 12 - 14 wicks, 16 oz Golden Harvest Jar and finding I'm getting black soot on the top of my jars. Do you think if I back down some on the FO I could get rid of the black soot? TIA Cindy/WI

I'm testing this wax and wondering how much FO your using? I've been testing with 8%, CD 12 - 14 wicks, 16 oz Golden Harvest Jar and finding I'm getting black soot on the top of my jars. Do you think if I back down some on the FO I could get rid of the black soot? TIA Cindy/WI

I use this wax and zinc or lx wicks, I know some love the cd series in this wax, but I found they smoked and created soot more than the zincs.....I use 8-9% in this wax, with no problems, it is an awesome wax.

This stinks, I've tried CD's & Zinc, both are leaving soot on the jar. I just ordered some LX's and I won't get them till next week some time but do you think that lower the % of FO would help with this and I will still get a good scent throw? I'm useing 8% now.

TIA Cindy/WI

This wax is supposed to hold up to 8% but there is always a chance that your wick could be clogged. Is it doing it on all of your fo's or just on the heavier scents? You could try wicking down to a 10 and see if that makes a difference.

I use 1.5 oz pp with this wax and I have never had a problem with it sooting excessively. I wish you luck.:D

Hi Country Creek,

Pretty much all FO's. I don't use color in my candles just wax and scent. What I'm finding is if I cut the wick super short then they do find but what I'm worried about is we all know 99% of all our customer's don't burn candles like your suppose too. I'll try dropping the wick down to a 10 and when the LX's get here I'll try them too.

Thanks for your help, Cindy/WI

This wax is supposed to hold up to 8% but there is always a chance that your wick could be clogged. Is it doing it on all of your fo's or just on the heavier scents? You could try wicking down to a 10 and see if that makes a difference.

I use 1.5 oz pp with this wax and I have never had a problem with it sooting excessively. I wish you luck.:D