WSP Bubble Wash Concentrate

ruba

For those of you that use it, how do you prepare yours and how the heck do you get it into the bottles?? I made a small batch last night for the first time and wasn't sure what to do because all the directions say on their website is to add water and fragrance. Well I did this and stirred it gently, getting tons of air bubbles in it, then put it in zip-locks to squeeze it into the bottles. The air bubbles were gone this morning... is this the way any of you do it?? Is there and easier and better way?? I have seen quite a few of you that use this and hope that someone can steer me in the right direction.

TIA, you know you all rock and I say it all the time.:D

Rachel, are you saying you want to find a way to bottle it and still KEEP the air bubbles? I think that's what I'm understanding. I don't use this product but I can tell you that I used BCS's shower gel and at first it had tons of air bubbles. But, after it set for an hour or so, the air bubbles were gone for me. I used a funnel to pour mine into the bottle and I don't have to add anything to the BCS gel.

Thanks gals for the tip about the funnel, it is a good idea. I guess I will just have to play some more, maybe leave the mix in the zip-lock over night so the bubbles are gone before putting into the bottles and fill them by weight not volume.

Thanks again and if anyone else has tips, hints, etc...bring 'em on!!:D

How about gently warming the base first? Then add FO and pour. Should be thin enough warm to pour. Hope this helps.

~Sue

The directions on BCS say NOT to heat this base. I talked with another member that swears by this base and she also said not to heat it.

Not to hijack, but has anyone else found this base to be extremely drying? After 3 days of testing my skin was so dry I went back to my handmade soap to give my skin a break! :undecided

Hmmm, I made 2 testers, one for DD and one for Nathan. DD say's it's "too runny" and doesn't like it. Nathan loves it. Go figure. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on the dryness but I will check with Nathan to see if he's experiencing a "dryness" feeling. I haven't had any complaints from him but remember, he's a guy! LOL.

The directions on BCS say NOT to heat this base. I talked with another member that swears by this base and she also said not to heat it.

Hmmm, I made 2 testers, one for DD and one for Nathan. DD say's it's "too runny" and doesn't like it. Nathan loves it. Go figure. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on the dryness but I will check with Nathan to see if he's experiencing a "dryness" feeling. I haven't had any complaints from him but remember, he's a guy! LOL.

Hey Sherie all you have to do is add some crothix to the body wash base to make it thicker for your daughter. Some FO's will thin it out. My older son tells me when I need to add it to his body wash.

Sherie, if you have success with the crothix, please post your method. I tried it to thicken wsp. Tried heating, not heating, etc., and nothing worked. The crothix was a gooey, gross mess to clean up.

Okay.. I made some bubble bath with BCN's base as well.. It got really thinned out.. I was thinking of adding the liquid crothix from MMS.. I got a little gun shy after reading here about how it did not work that well.. I would appreciate any info.... thanks...Teri

No, don't let my response stop you. I probably just haven't found the "trick" to it yet. Before I bought it, I read lots of wonderful stuff about it. It's just not working for me with the 2 different shower gels I have.

I'm not giving up on it yet. Got too much gel! However, DH says that the gel makes him feel really dry, so I put the project on hold for a while.

Hopefully, someone on here will clue us in on a way to make it work.

Well, I think if we add anything other than FO to a premade base it affects the balance of the formula and the effectiveness of the preservative. So, that maybe why you had the "gooey" mess and/or dryness. I'm definitely no expert on it but that would certainly make sense.

The bad cleanup mess was from the crothix. I heated it to the temp recommended by the supplier and added it to the gel. No other additives except for a VERY small amount of fo. The little glass container that I used to heat the crothix was the mess. It was like tar. I did a search here and on another board and found others who had that same experience.

There's just gotta be a way for it to work.