Need Help w/ Silicone Molds

I bought two silicone tart molds two weeks ago. One is a cinnamon bun mold; the first time I used it, it worked perfectly. Now the tarts are sticking and breaking when I try to get them out. I tried spraying with no stick candle spray, but that didn't work either.

The second one is a gingerbread boy mold. I can't get any of the tarts to come out whole. They all break.

I use GW 416. What am I doing wrong? Is there a secret to these things that I don't know about?

I bought two silicone tart molds two weeks ago. One is a cinnamon bun mold; the first time I used it, it worked perfectly. Now the tarts are sticking and breaking when I try to get them out. I tried spraying with no stick candle spray, but that didn't work either.

The second one is a gingerbread boy mold. I can't get any of the tarts to come out whole. They all break.

I use GW 416. What am I doing wrong? Is there a secret to these things that I don't know about?

This is probably a dumb question but how long are you letting them sit before you try to pop them out?? Reason being is that I bought a couple molds and I let my impatient self get the better of me and I tried popping them out sooner than they were ready and they all broke. Then I left them alone for 6 hrs or so and then popped them out and whoola a beauty unfolded.

For my cinnamon buns and tarts, I use a votive/pillar wax. I let them stay in the molds until they are completely cooled.

The first molds that I bought were said to be silicone, but I soon found out that wasn't exactly true ... they were a rubber type material NOT silicone. After buying a real silicone mold, I had no problem, it was like night and day. You might want to check if your molds are really silicone. Where did you purchase them from?