Problem With Beeswax Candle

Hello:

I started to test this candle, and after a while it leaked on the side, and only burned 18 hrs.

thanks

I don't know about beeswax but aren't ya supposed to burn an hour for each inch around?? Unless you were power burn testing ? Hopefully someone that makes beeswax candles will chim in :D

I've never heard of a 7/5 square braid.......there is a #5 and a 5/0. It could possibly be a #5, which is a big wick that I use on my round 3" beeswax pillars. I'm not familiar with your star mold, but you definately need to wick down if it's blowing out. I personally think there would be a lot of unburned beeswax in the points of the star when you get it wicked properly and to me that's a waste..........that's why I only use the round molds, as it will be totally consumed during the burn. Good luck!! :cool2:

Or - you could try something "less pronounced" like a fluted mold - not a star mold. (We are simply putting aside how hard it can be to get BW out of a tin mold at this point).

If it were me, and I were testing, I would pour two 3 or 3.5" high pillars and wick with a #4 and #5 square and see how they do. (I usually use a #4 in 3" diameters - but I use cosmetic grade, don't usually dye, and never put in FO). After the first burn (on subsequent burns) if you get sooting, make sure to trim so your wick is no more than 1/4".

Good luck!