Smooth and Shiney

Kaybee23

How do you get CP soap smooth and shiney on the top? Does it come from giving the soaps a shower after curing? I ask because I received a bar several months ago that was smooth and shiney on the top and wondered how it got that way. Anyone know or have an idea, I would like to try it out....mine are never shiney smooth on the top.

Kaybee, I am glad you asked this question! I have been giving mine a borax bath but not real happy with that as it was leaving lines on the soap from the drying rack. It helped shine them up I but didn't like the lines. Thanks everyone who have shared their tips!

Kaybee, I am glad you asked this question! I have been giving mine a borax bath but not real happy with that as it was leaving lines on the soap from the drying rack.

I put mine on the rack to cure and bevel and polish right before packaging. You might be bathing them too soon, hence the lines. It's NEVER too late to bevel and polish.

HTH,

e