patchouli

snow

Ok, I did a search on here and found its a love/hate thing. I had a customer ask for it and I got some, tried it and can hardly smell it! I'm not familiar with this scent and I should be because I am an old hippy, dont know how I missed it. Is it supposed to be strong? I mixed it like I normally do in my candles, but we can't smell it, whats wrong? Maybe I need to try Peaks. Any advice?

It's a very distinctive & recognizable scent.

I'd bet that you'd recognize it when you smell it. I'd suggest heading to somewhere local that sells essential oils and take a sniff. Chances are you'll say, "oh, yeah, now I remember"

I wear it everyday in some form and work in a busy office. People stop me all the time and say that they love the scent.

I didn't wick up on the patch candle, maybe I should try that. I burned one last night at my place of work and no one could smell it. I'm a bartender at an Eagles club. It seemed to burn good tho. But I don't smell it that strong OOB either. I think I'll try another supplier for this one. I might just like it since I'm from that era. One more question....I was thinking of adding a few aromatherapy candles to my line, any suggestions on that? Thanks, Dee

I didn't wick up on the patch candle, maybe I should try that. I burned one last night at my place of work and no one could smell it. I'm a bartender at an Eagles club. It seemed to burn good tho. But I don't smell it that strong OOB either.

Well, if you didn't have to wick up on that fo, and it seemed to burn good, makes me think it isn't a 'true' patchouli smelling scent! I have never heard of a 'true' patch smell fo, that will even burn without wicking up! LOL Yes, you might want to try one from a different supplier. I know the one at Millcreek is very true to the real scent! You should be getting a pungent musty smell from a real patch! HTH Have a great day!:D

I'd take Scented's advice as she is the true patch lover around here. ;):D

I'm more a sandalwood kinda gal myself, and have yet to find one that throws really strong. :(

LOL!! THe truest patch is in EO form ;)

Hey, if Solas gets around to it, there just might a good throwing sandalwood coming out. Just an FYI for ya ;)