frontpage & web design

jennifer

Okay, I am really in need of getting a website set up quickly. I already have frontpage and have messed around with layouts etc. for my website.

I have looked into various companies offering web hosting including www.samsbiz.com www.diyestores.com www.godaddy.com

I think that godaddy.com is the only one that states that frontpage is supported. Do any of you know about the other two? Based on price, etc. I am leaning towards one of the other two but was unable to get diyestores to answer my e-mail concerning this very subject.

Also if you don't know about the frontpage thing, can you tell me if these companies offer some sort of diy design program?

Thank you so much!!

Jennifer

try checking these guys out. You have a few to compare.

I am also in the process of searching for a website host

but also web design.......

http://mywebreviews.com/index.html

Good Luck !

I looked at frontpage but the $$$ plus the upgrade was $113.:tongue2:

Found someone locate to design a webpage now I just have to decide on the host...... all this technical stuff:spit: driving me to drink..... LOL just kidding

Okay. So I've been looking into godaddy some more :D and I have more questions concerning the shopping carts. One do I have to have one if I use paypal to accept credit cards and of course paypal accounts. And two, how exactly are "products" defined for shopping cart purposes?

Economy Edition:

• 20-Product Catalog • 50 MB Disk Space

Deluxe Edition:

• 100-Product Catalog • 1 GB Disk Space

Premium Edition:

• Unlimited-Product Catalog • 2 GB Disk Space

For instance I have what I would consider three products (aroma bead air fresheners, soy blend candles, wickless candles) but would each different scent/shape be considered a product? or simply a product option? or something else entirely?

you don't have to use their cart. you can use the Mals cart (its free) or the one I use for clients is ecart.

I second using the free cart Mals. I also use Godaddy, have for many years on many different projects and have never been more happy. Mal's is pretty easy to set up. I highly recommend both.

This may be a stupid question, but do I need to purchase a SSL certificate from godaddy.com if I'm using:

godaddy.com for hosting

mal's for shopping cart

paypal standard website payments for payments

Sorry so many questions I just want to be very certain that I have everything covered.

thanks!!!

I third (or fourth, or whatever) GoDaddy. I've had sites thru them for a couple of years now - very stable, and their tech support is absolutely superb.

Another option for a cart is to use ZenCart - but you do need to be on the linux hosting for it to work. I messed with other carts for weeks, and then I got ZenCart running in about 8 hours. And, yes, you do not need a SSL if all of your payment processing (PayPal, Google, etc) is off-site. If you get your own card processing stuff, then you'll have to have SSL.