1275 Wax from C&S and wicks.....

Hi Everyone....

Looking for a little insight here. I have been using C&S 1275 wax for years now. (This is a 50/50blend). I always use pre-tabbed zinc core wicks and for the most part they do the trick in my 10oz Victorian Jars.

However.....I have noticed on a hit and miss basis....some of my wicks drowning out. I use 1oz FO per lb of wax even though this wax can hold up to 1.5oz per lb.

Talked to Cindy at C&S and she suggested the pre-tabbed paper core wicks. She said that they would burn a little hotter, since the natural properties of soy and it varies from batch to batch could be a little heavy in some batches.

Does anyone have any comments or history using the Paper Core wicks with this wax?

Any information would be so helpful.

Note: Tried Paper Core wicks and they didn't work either.....

Thanks a bunch!!!

-Denise :smiley2:

When did you buy that batch of wax?? The reason being is I purchased 1275 wax as have others on this site and after having the problems you are explaining it was discovered that we all got bad batch's. Cindy replaced mine as well as some others. It is nothing you are doing!!!!

Call C&S and tell them that you feel you have gotten a bad batch and you are aware of others on your candle forum that have experienced the same. DO NOT waste any more fo's on this batch of wax, it seems to be no good.

Check this out:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34787

Candlebuddy: Have you had any issues with yours?? I was about to place another order for the 1275 but I think I will wait. Where is Farmhouse? DO they have a web site?

Although I remember another thread that one of the others that use 1275 said she recently ordered it and it is fine now so I am not sure if it is a hit or miss kind of thing.

My candles were tunneling NO matter what I did, no matter how I wicked them and then sometimes the wicks just drowned out completely. Are you having any tunneling?:tiptoe:

For the love of God !!! :angry2:

All of the scents that I made (all nine boxes of them....to deplete a full case of this wax) have been the hit and missers that I am speaking of.....

AAAGGGHHH!!! Of course these were all scents that were tried and true and tested and tested...so who would think that they would drown out?

Now I am MAD!!!

Off to send Cindy an email.

Thank you guys for beings so helpful....

Kisses,

Denise

Denise.....

I am sooo sorry, I totally understand how angry you are. I had to throw out 120 candles in addition to the amount of fo's and wicks that I wasted testing those over and over again to see what was wrong. I totally feel like they should have replaced my fo's too but I never asked. They did replace my wax with one I will never use again. :undecided

They replaced it with IGI 4630 and it sucks!!! They actually did not offer to replace it with the same wax. I think they did not want to take a chance on sending out another bad batch!

I have been using that blend though for about 4 yrs and I hate the idea of trying out another one. Did you just recently purchase your?

The batch that is giving me so much trouble I got about six weeks ago (give or take a week).

I don't want another kind of wax for replacement. I want another case of 1275...so that I can see if that works. Especially since all of my FO's and wicks have been tested in that application. Of course now I won't go and make nine dozen candles with it. I will pour a few and then try them out before investing all of that money into them. That's a waste of a lot of money (wicks, FO, jars, TIME!!!) Not to mention my regular customers that are questioning my candles because all of a sudden they are not burning like they used to. I'm pissed off :mad:

I can really tell how mad u are and I have sooo been there. I took back a lot of candles that I sold and replaced them with new ones and had to explain I cannot tell you how many times to how many people why my candles were not burning the way they usually do. It was frustrating and embarassing!

I know how ya feel b/c I did not want to have to test another wax either but I also dont want to waste money on another batch of that wax and have it work the same way. :( It would be different if I was just wasting wax on their dime but it's my dime and my fo's, wicks and my business that is on the line. Have you talked to Cindy? When I called they pretended like they did not know anything about a problem with the 1275 and then I found this site and starting reading threads and figured out what was going on.

I had a bad batch of wax too, and it is frustrating. But I received a new batch and it is burning and performing well. There was a visible difference in the texture of the bad wax, it was much more firm to the touch. As for wix, I started with zinc, but switched to CDs and love them more.

I do know that Becky at Just Scent gets the same wax that Cindy gets. The same manufacturer sends it to Becky, she just calls hers JSB - 50-50 SOY BLEND. The company that makes this wax is C.J. Robinson.

I went to CJ Robinson's website and they have a better deal for the public on wicks, but their wax is outrageous unless you buy it in seriously large quanities. I did ask them if they have had problems with the 1275 and if they have received a lot of complaints and she said quite frequent. I guess I will take the plunge and get it again but this time from Becky.......I hate the fact that I might have another problem!:confused:

I think I will start getting my wicks from them. They have much better prices and I can get larger quanities.

It seems to me that only C&S can resolve this. I would call them again, tell them about the others from here having the same problem with the wax. (I'm sure they know, but won't say anything about it unless you do.) Then you just have to tell them what you want them to do to correction the problem. If they're worth their salt as a supplier, they will be more than happy to make this right.