Aztec selling discontinued wax and not telling customers

cwuer

Talk about ticked! I ordered a slab of the J300 from Aztec less than 2 weeks ago. I went in to pick it up and even discussed my order with the lady at the desk. I have spent 2 weeks testing this wax and really liked it for layered candles. Today I try to order a case and it is gone from their website. When I emailed them they tell me it was discontinued. Doing a search on here I now find it was discontinued several months ago. I am so pissed that they would sell me a slab of a wax to try and never mention on their website or to my face that it has been discontinued. Slabs are by their very nature sold for the primary purpose of testing. The folks that work there must not make candles because anyone that makes candles knows how much money and TIME goes into testing, and I am just sick to know the wax I tested, wicked, etc. is not even available. I would never have bought this slab to test had I known it was discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find this? I did a search on here and found that the candlemaker's store had it, but it is gone from his site now as well. I wanted enough to get me through Christmas, because I don't really have time to be testing again until after the holidays. Or if there are any past J300 users on here, have you found anything that is comparable? The guy at Aztec told me the J300 had been "replaced" with the 6006, but I have tested that wax before and I did not like the throw with it. I need a wax that colors easily, layers nicely, and still has good scent throw. I use a soy/paraffin blend for my regular candles, but am not crazy about using it for the layered one's. Thanks in advance for any help

that does suck. I've bought FOs that were about to be discontinued too, but even at the lower cost I was pissed. $4 for a sample, making the tester, burning, etc. to turn around and find it was discontinued a month later. irritating :angry2:

I did a search and from what I can gather the manufacturer is discontinuing J300.

They have discontinued it....I think even Lonestar is out of it now too. But when I was in there last, they were telling customers and directing them to other choices.

Hmmmm I use to love 6006 but couldn't get it locally anymore. I had wonderful results with that wax. Probaly not good for layering though. You might try j50 for layering. Or maybe 4786, I have experimented with that for layering with good results. You have to take a heat gun to the first layer to flatten it out and do a repour on the top layer. 4786 is a much harder wax. Great throw.

I know what you mean about testing. It's not a easy job to do. I hate this happened to you right at the holidays. I posted some pictures in another thread with one picture of my layer candles. My bestsellers are my layers whether it's two, three, four, or five layer candles.:cheesy2: I'm not sure if you seem my pictures or not but you can get an idea of how this wax works with layers. I use "Joy Wax". Good luck.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37833

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen your sister's candles.. they are beautiful! As far as Aztec is concerned, you know they had to have known the wax was being discontinued.. that is just so wrong. I hope they compensated you in some way to show good faith in consideration of your time and money wasted. :embarasse