presto pot help

I need to make another presto pot for our increasing container pours. However, I went to Lowe's to find a spigot like I've used to make my other ones...but not to be found! I looked at the directions posted here for making a pot by using a tap and dye set....however the instructions are vague as to what size tap I should use for the 19/32" hole that is drilled for the spigot. Anyone have any ideas on the tap size, I'd really appreciate some help here before I have to resort to another method. TIA

I need to make another presto pot for our increasing container pours. However, I went to Lowe's to find a spigot like I've used to make my other ones...but not to be found! I looked at the directions posted here for making a pot by using a tap and dye set....however the instructions are vague as to what size tap I should use for the 19/32" hole that is drilled for the spigot. Anyone have any ideas on the tap size, I'd really appreciate some help here before I have to resort to another method. TIA

11/16 th's

I found a tap wasn't necessary. The presto pot is aluminum, which is soft enough that you can create the threads by twisting the neck into it.

Also, the 19/32 bit is not a standard tool bit, I believe its considered a Hobby bit. Sears, Lowes, Homes Depot do not have it. You can improvise using an 11/16 bit.

HTH,

Alex

Thanks again for all your help people. Yes I found the drill bit, from a hobby shop, and I've managed to fit it all up, so far it's working fine. Kay.....the candlecauldron web site explains using the Lowe's spigot, which I can no longer get from my local Lowe's, and we have seven in the area!!! But thanks anyways....:D Happy t-day to everyone.