Tealight Info

I am curious what most people use for wicks for tealights and what kind of wax? I was using a combnation of about 25% pillar and 75% container wax, but someone told me I should be using 100% container....what do you guys think? Also, about the wicks...I seem to have a heck of a time with the cotton wicks or premium wicks to get them to stay standing when I out them into the tealights before the wax has set. Are zinc wicks ok? I mean I have used zinc wicks before, and I likle that I don't have to fuss with them, but I don' t like all the mushrooming and wonder if they get too hot. Maybe I am just paranoid, lol.

I use CD-3 wicks also....out of everything I tried I love them the most. As far as wax, use whatever you like...

I tried the soft container wax by itself and didnt like it, too soft. Then I added 25% of the votive wax to the soft container wax and liked that. I also tried it with a blend of the soft container wax and pillar wax and liked that too..

Just play around...You'll find what you like best

I use container wax for tea lites....and just buy the wicks for tea lites - don't know if I have ever seen a size....sounds like the CD3's are popular. I wait until the wax has cooled slightly then slide the wicks in. Alot of folks like to hot glue their wicks but I find they don't move even when down at the bottom of the tea light container - both metal and clear plastic.

Thanks for the info. I have never tried votive wax, mainly because the supplier nearest to me (5 hours away) doesn't carry it, but I think I am going to order some from somewhere else to give it a try.

About the tealight wicks, it isn't the wicktab that moves on me, it's the wick itself. The wicks keep falling over and I am constantly trying to make them stand up until the wax has hardened. They become "limp" for lack of a better word, lol. :D By the time the wax has hardened, the tealight looks crappy because of the wick being propped up so much.

Am I pouring the wax too hot? Should I wait a bit longer before putting the wicks in?

I know that it sounds like a lot of work but when I get wicks that just won't stand up straight by themselves I pop a wick centring gizmo (from Rob and Steph in Tx) over the top of the cup and that holds them in place beautifully. HTH.