Got ahold of a bad mold...

Kay

Just like the subject says..I got a hold of a bad mold. The bottom of the mold (top of candle) is marked up...Bought off EBAY..My candles are coming out with rough tops. Is there any way I can fix my candles. I read somewhere about a heat gun. Could I do that to fix my top. I'm making it to put on my table for thanksgiving..you know as a pretty center piece, but right now the tops arent that pretty...lol I need help.

Kay

What exactly is the problem. The bottom of the mold is the top of the candle. Maybe that's why it's marked "up". Having to do with the finished product.

Can you post a picture or two. Maybe one of the mold and one of the "rough topped" candle?

Best Regards..:smiley2:

Edited to add: I just re-read your post and realized my mistake in reading...DUH ME..lol..:grin2: marked up brain!

I would use a heat gun... use them sponge paintbrush and help smooth it out while heat gun on it....kinda help soak up the drips....etc....

happened to me with my grubby mold electric candle...my mold had little specks holes and all that...soo i heat gun it and brush that sponge paintbrush over areas and heat over again..etc. just play round with it

hope that helps??

Dani

You could try giving the mould a good clean, if its stuck wax at the bottom thats causing the problem. Heating it up in an oven or summit works well and then wipe it out with kitchen paper. I would then give it a good few washes in hot soapy water. It worked for my moulds, which sounds like a similar problem.

Thank you guys for the advise. I would say its a dirty mold problem, but it looks clean. Its only on top of candles & kinda looks like frost marks. I guess i could just invest in new ones, but had these already made & wanted to salvage it.

Thanks again..I thouht I read somewhere about heat gunning it..lol

Kay