Wedding Party Hurricanes

flutterbye

It's been awhile since I posted in the gallery...Been working on all new stuff! I'm making these as gifts for the other bridesmaids in my brothers wedding. Making Hurricanes is a blast! It's more fun than making pillars! :grin2:

Can any of you tell me If I were to take a picture of our St. Louis skyline(arch and all) and put it on a cane, can I sell that? Technically its my picture....Just wasnt sure if thats illegal...Sorry for the random question...Thanks for looking!

post-3146-139458412442_thumb.jpg

That is beautiful!!!

I honestly don't know bout picture taking etc.

But in my opinion you took the picture yourself and you're allowed to do whatever you wish to do with it.

I do know that we can't take someone's artistry pictures and put it on products etc. unless you buy it...lol

Show us more of those...they're really pretty!

Dani

• 1 month later...

Hello! I'm new...love the hurricane with the hearts on it. Is it actually embedded in it...where you hold up the wash cloth to frost over and everything? I've been doing that and all of my pictures have been getting the wax torn off the front of the photos when I pull out the hurricane! Do you wait for the hurricane to frost a bit first so there is more space between it and the outside? Or do you do it right off? Any ideas and hints from all of you experienced chandlers would be great! Thanks!

Lisa

I basically follow the instructions to the left under techniques and ideas. I just use an ice cube instead of a washcloth and make sure they're cooled completly, then stick it in the freezer for 1 min. and it comes right our with no blemishes. What kind of wax and mold are you using?

WOW....love those hurricanes!!! I am getting married this year and would LOVE to have those for my bridesmaids!!!! But I am a newbie and I havent even made pillars yet.....and I think hurricanes are totally out of the question.....not a clue where to start....

• 2 weeks later...