Buggin Me about Newbie CP Soap recipe..

Bunny

10oz of olive oil

7oz of coconut oil

1 tbl castor oil

6 oz distilled water

2.6 oz lye

1/2 tsp tumeric for yellow color Don't really need to add this if you don't want too.

How in the heck do ya'll run 1 tbl of lye through the calc to make sure the lye amount is right? It's been buggin me since I saw the recipe posted. (and I'm sooo sorry, I don't remember who posted it.) Am not bashing the recipe in any way shape or form, would just like to know how it's done properly. :o

Please please please never *trust* a recipe's lye amount, always always always run it through a calculator. If you make a habit of this, you'll have just made better and safer soaping practices.

Okay after re reading your post I think you mean Castor. I don't add the castor in the lye calc. Its more of an "additive" like Fo. Or at least thats the way I understood the recipe. If you have any suggestions on changeing it. Please let me know. :)

LOL! My madness seems to get the best of me sometimes.

I put that recipe up cus you can get the ingredients in your super market and It really taught me alot about soaping. But like I said. If you have any suggestions let me know. I don't want to give people bad info. :)

Yeah, it's a recipe that uses the assumption that adding oils afterwards, that aren't part of the lye calculation, is the "superfat" oil.

I don't really believe in that method for CP, so when I see that, I guess at a wieght, add it to the calculation, and see if it changes the lye amount. It's not wrong, just not a particularly chemically accurate way of doing superfat in CP.