Trouble w/ MC cinnamon sticks

I am having trouble wicking a 16 oz. apoth. jar w/ MC Cinnamon Sticks. I have tried many different combo's. Ecosoya Pure w/ 1oz. f/o, 2-60's, 2-62's, 2-HTP 1212 (way too hot) 2-CD 12's, 2-HTP 126's. All of which, burn good for the first 4 to 5 hours and then get weaker and weaker flames until they about burn out (some actually did). So, I lowered the amount of f/o to 7/8 oz pp. Still the same problem. I then tried GB 464 (an easier to burn wax) -same problem. I have an order for over a hundred jars of this fragrance and can't keep it burning for longer than 5 hours! I know that really no one is supposed to burn for longer than 4, but still, I wan't it to be able to burn longer than that because most people will burn for longer periods of time. Has anyone been able to wick this jar with MC's Cinnamon Sticks?! ~Dana

I once had trouble wicking a rather large jar with Cinnamon Sticks from MC. At first I attributed it to the wax, I thought I had a bad batch of 415. It would burn just fine till I got ab halfway into the jar, then the flames would drown out. That FO is pretty heavy. I wish I could be more help :( but I don't use that jar and haven't tested anymore of that FO yet.

Good luck! geek

Dana, Funny you should be having the same problem as me!! :D

I am adding apothecary jars to my line, and have been trying to see if possible to single wick. :laugh2: I'm Funny huh???

I want to add the 10oz and 16oz sizes.

Anyway, I am a user of htp wicks, and have been testing the 1312 for these jars with mc cinnamon sticks. great candles, if I let them burn all day. I know they will tunnel like mad if I only burn for 5hrs. or so. I was interested in trying the biggest premier 700 wicks, to see if they are hotter. I found some Hemp wicks, the super 60048 size, and after 5hrs 1st burn 1/4" melt pool all around the jar, no hang up. This wick is just eating this wax alive!!! I am using C-3, 1.5oz per pound. I love MC Cinnamon sticks.

Hope you have luck!!!

Renee

Hi Carol!!

You're not hijaking!!

I got them at BCN.

I have it side by side with the htp 1312, the hemp, and a yankee candle. the hemp and yankee look exactly alike!! same melt pool, same mushroom:laugh2: no wax hang up. Both the 26oz apothecary. I am going to try double wicking with the htp 126, or 104 and see how that goes too.

OK, I tried triple wicking w/ 51's. It burned a mp of over 1/2 inch in 2 1/2 hours and the flames started to get dimmer and dimmer (drowning). I think if I add any less oil, I won't get much of a scent throw. With all my other jars I use 1 oz. pp and either use the standard wick for that particular jar or bump up one. Why can't I get this combo to work?!!! I have great success with 10 other fragrances with this jar. It gets a perfect mp, with the 60's or 62's. It's almost like the cotton is too absorbant or something and saturates the wick too much. Does any one know of a wick that is maybe less absorbant? Maybe that question is a little silly, but I am grasping at straws here!

PS~ Would it be unethical to sell a candle that burns itself out after 5 or 6 hours? It relites fine after it cools and can burn another 5-6 hours at a time.

I have really good luck with paper core wicks in soy. Don't hear of too many people using them but they really are good dependable wicks and I like how they stay straight and don't give me an uneven melt pool. I tested 2 60 P in an apothecary with Peak's Clove thinking it would be really tough to burn and they were too hot. I usually use 2 - 44P or 51P in this jar. I could send you a couple to try if you want. Just send me a pm....