Hello, I'm new to soy candles

Hi, new member here. :wave: I am very new to candle making. I have been searching around for a hobby that I would enjoy and be able to use. So I thought I'd give candle making a try. So I picked up a kit at a craft store. I didn't like the quality and can't even smell the scent, but I did enjoy making them.

After reading a bit about soy candles, I decided to get a soy votive blend wax, and a couple scents and colors. (It was hard to limit, but don't want to over do it and spend to much $) And wicks too....those were a bit confusing to me...

I am now waiting for it all to arrive...I hope they candles will turn out nicely, and I hope it will keep me busy for a while! Hubby hopes so too.

I'm really enjoying the info here, it's a great website :cheesy2:

:wave:Welcome to the board and this wonderful addiction. I have to say though that you have a picked a very expensive hobby but it is fun and IMO worth it. I would stay away from craft store supplies since they are expensive and not very good quality. This board provides a ton of information on lots of subjects such as quality suppliers, trouble shooting, FOs, etc. Once your supplies arrive and you start to make candles, don't hesitate to ask questions. We are here to help. Again, Welcome.

You have chosen the best website for candle making help. There are lots of people who not only are crafters but sell for a living, and do quite well. Some of us are a little nutty :rolleyes2 but are pretty helpful when you have a question.

The Yaley starter kit (available from Michaels) has good equipment but the scent doesn't throw very well. You can get kits from MillCreek and a plethora of other candle supply companies on the web that give you really tasty scents you will enjoy.

Good luck noob! geek :grin2: