Lip Scrub?

idacandlelady

Do you have a tube to look on to kind of see if there is anything you can recreate yourself to get close- or if not let me know, I'll type off some things from my tube. :D Other than picking apart the ingredients, one of the things you will want to remember is that it is NOT moisturizing per sey ...it is made to dry just like a mask but is not thick at all...and made to definitely be followed by the second step which is the balm.

I Don't have any of the MK one. I have used it in the past, that's why I wanted to figure it out. I want someting like this, but want to make my own. If I could see the ingredients I might be able to get some idea where to start. If any of you would be interested in sharing a recipe or ideas on where to start I would be forever grateful. I know that is a lot to ask, and I understand if you don't want to.

Mary Ann, I don't know about the clay being toxic, just really didn't think much about it after I read it on the ingredients listing on the box. It is listed 2nd on the ingredients with aqua being the first so I assume it's one of the major components of the formula. I plan on finding out more about it from my DIL that sells MK products.

Mary Ann, I don't know about the clay being toxic, just really didn't think much about it after I read it on the ingredients listing on the box. It is listed 2nd on the ingredients with aqua being the first so I assume it's one of the major components of the formula. I plan on finding out more about it from my DIL that sells MK products.

If you wouldn't mind sharing when you find out I'd like to know. That's interesting that its the 2nd ingredient, it must be ok then to ingest. When I say that I don't mean on purpose, but when using I always get a little in my mouth.

Looks like you found your answer maybe, but I will just add... the ingredients in the Mk mask also list flavor- that tells me they are well aware you will be tasting/ingesting it. Not that you would WANT to have a meal out of it, but you know! Also- I can't imagine that a mouth product would be able to be sold/made if it was toxic, but stranger things have happened! ;)

Jan that's interesting about the clay, do you know by any chance if its toxic? I say that mine is edible because more than likely you will swallow some if your a cluts like me!

Thanks Leslie, I'm still trying to perfect it.

It is not toxic but the industrial grade you should not breath or have contact with your skin. There is a food grade bentonite that is much more user friendly and is even used in candy bars.